Offhand Stats...

A Fantasy Tactics RPG. Sick of hero collector games with pre-made heroes? Create your own Hero with customizable job class, skills and equipment (that affects appearance).
Scrangles
Unknown
Unknown

Offhand Stats...

Post by Scrangles » 16 Dec 2017, 10:43

Okay so, there exists the possibility that I am somehow unaware of how to actually gain the benefits of things like speed and such from equipping a rondache, it seems the main stats, like hps etc, all apply normally, yet the extras like speed +5 don't seem to work...am I just missing something here that everyone else knows? Perhaps this is a known issue that is being worked on...? I haven't found any mention of it, so thought I would inquire...

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Re: Offhand Stats...

Post by Master of Clan X » 17 Dec 2017, 07:41

What do you mean by "don't seem to work"?

Rondache is a fully evolved item, all 3 specials should be active.

Blartibus3
Unfamiliar
Unfamiliar

Post by Blartibus3 » 17 Dec 2017, 13:52

Those special stats are already applied to the item, so if an items says +5 percent, then the stat value shown is with the stat already added. For example, if you have an item that gives bonus to dodge, and is a -5, that means that it would normally for that armor class be a -10.

Killy
Unfamiliar
Unfamiliar

Post by Killy » 18 Dec 2017, 08:05

Go to the official Discord and ask there. If you post pics of your character with and without rondache equipped the community there can probably help

KoboldPrince
Unknown
Unknown

Post by KoboldPrince » 19 Dec 2017, 20:02

It took me a long time to figure this one out, too. The evolutionary stats in the lower section are already included; the base Speed for a Small Shield is -5, but the Rondache and the common and uncommon shields that evolve into it have +5 Speed, making it Speed 0.

One easy place to see this is on daggers: the Dagger/Field Scalpel/Good Point chain have +5 Speed and therefore have Speed 2; all other daggers -- Hate Spike, Death Dance, Main-Gauche, etc. -- have Speed -3.

And incidentally, if you want good off-hand non-Damage non-Dmg Reduction bonuses, equip something from the Good Point tree (at least until/unless that changes... ;) ).