Issues with ingame guild chat and PMs

A Fantasy Tactics RPG. Sick of hero collector games with pre-made heroes? Create your own Hero with customizable job class, skills and equipment (that affects appearance).
Heralynn
Unknown
Unknown

Issues with ingame guild chat and PMs

Post by Heralynn » 30 Aug 2017, 09:55

Hi, Please forgive and correct if this post belongs elsewhere. Im brand new to the forums and maybe 2 weeks addicted to chronoclash, I farm chrono on one phone while I play starbattleships and konbini on my other phone :p

Congrats on the successful integration of the Guild function. There is a slight drawback this actually being the first time ive used ingame chat. The guild chat purges its existing history essentially rendering it useless to those who want to actively pilot their game interface(char menu items ect ect.. Or change the loaded enviroment (menu/chests/combat). If you superglue yourself to the chat, vainly addicted to social interaction then its no prob.

Also theres no interactive guild roster for PM (or one at all in guild chat) however when i hit my guildmasters name in global chat. It brings up a momentary private chat with them. This suffers a similar affect as the guild chat. Except when you minimize the chat window and open it back up the private chat isnt retained equally so any chat data that could be logged isnt, aka it also purges

Sure closing the active tab is a commonly shared action on termination. But if private chat would save all entries even when the windows closed, and display them when the tab is reopened thatd be cool. And for guild chat have it record a 24 hour history, displaying only 1 hours worth or X amount of chat entries at a time. Pulling the History triggered by scrolling up and be sure to keep in mind the inhibiting and point blocking flippancy experienced on occasion where the chat instantly defaults to latest entry when a new message is sent/recieved

Thats only a suggestion anyways, you no doubt have your intended chat design, or may be in the process. Theres alot more ideas many could share no doubt. I myself do desire a well invested chat function. I often do not participate in games chat function mostly in part because of my gaming resume. I played eve online for 15 years, so Ive got a lot high standards. Ive invested alot into the chat system there. But What ever the future holds I hope this post wasnt in vain or a waste of time for everyone including myself, hope it helps more than anything!

Mod_Nami
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Issues with ingame guild chat and PMs

Post by Mod_Nami » 30 Aug 2017, 10:15

The guild chat persistence issue has been resolved.
PM is still a feature that is not available yet.

Heralynn
Unknown
Unknown

Re: Issues with ingame guild chat and PMs

Post by Heralynn » 30 Aug 2017, 20:52

Sure it is available in that it is there, i was able to have a valuable dialogue privately with my guild master sometime after I posted this. Its just a stripped down direct chat, at the least it allows for a private chat without recording any evidence allowing one to generate a conspiracy lolololol