Game balance/tactics discussion

A Fantasy Tactics RPG. Sick of hero collector games with pre-made heroes? Create your own Hero with customizable job class, skills and equipment (that affects appearance).
Best1400au
Unknown
Unknown

Game balance/tactics discussion

Post by Best1400au » 24 Jul 2017, 14:00

Anyone else feel like discussing game balance for this game? So far the biggest concern for me at the moment is healing classes having no cool down for their abilities, making initial PvP very dull for beginners, due to all players having the same lineup: warrior, thief and apothecary. Apothecary and warrior both start with healing abilities that typically can heal more then the player can do damage, making PvP battles drag on for a long time and I found this a bit frustrating. I'll keep adding more to this topic but at the moment I find this the number one problem as it is mainly an issue at the beginning and typically could throw off new players just starting or trying out the game.

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Re: Game balance/tactics discussion

Post by Master of Clan X » 25 Jul 2017, 03:53

Nerfing the Healing skill's base value and adding more to the MAG scaling.

PVP opponents are currently +-25 ranks above and below your threat level. Narrowing the range to +-10.

Best1400au
Unknown
Unknown

Post by Best1400au » 25 Jul 2017, 11:01

I got the impression your threat level doesn't change. Been 840 since I was lvl 1 with 3 heroes. Now I'm lvl 13 with 4 heroes and it is still the same. Also the block mechanic i s weird and needs work. Should be something like % chance to block and their be different kinds of blocks. Eg: partial block: % reduced damage with a stagger effect that delays your next turn slightly, standard block: 100% damage is blocked but slight turn delay, then have perfect block which blocks 100% damage and zero delay, with a possible small speed up to your next turn when the ability is fully upgraded.

Chris.m21
Unfamiliar
Unfamiliar

Post by Chris.m21 » 26 Jul 2017, 18:13

Looks like today's update merged healing some, thanks. My threat has stayed 840 even with 460 medals at level 26. The Knights block rate seems a bit high, but in imagine they will implement a sliding scale blocking system like you mentioned. My biggest hope is the ability to not zoom in during battle, or a 2x speed button. Giving some (even miniscule) chance to get a gold chest with a 3 achievement victory would be nice, going to be rough if the only way to get rare gear or higher is through those.

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 27 Jul 2017, 02:27

Best1400au wrote:
25 Jul 2017, 11:01
I got the impression your threat level doesn't change. Been 840 since I was lvl 1 with 3 heroes. Now I'm lvl 13 with 4 heroes and it is still the same.
Will check it.
Best1400au wrote:
25 Jul 2017, 11:01
different kinds of blocks.
Blocking is skill dependent:
The Knight's Perfect block - blocks 100% of damage AND increases your focus by 1 BUT has a delay of 1s (so you can get "stun locked").
The Vanguard's Punisher (formerly shield block) - blocks 50% of damage and attempts to stagger attacker. 0.5s Delay. (the stagger bit may not be functioning yet but should be added today)
Glancing hits - not actually a skill but if you have some Evasion, there's a chance that an attack will only glance dealing 50% damage. The Glancing chance = 1/4 of your Evasion (i.e. 20% Evasion = 5% Glance chance). Some Armor/Accessories directly increases Glancing %.

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 27 Jul 2017, 02:32

Chris.m21 wrote:
26 Jul 2017, 18:13
The Knights block rate seems a bit high, but in imagine they will implement a sliding scale blocking system like you mentioned.
The Perfect Block's weakness is the Delay (1s). You can try attacking the knight from behind or using a skill with multiple hits (e.g. Magic Missile). Each magic missile hit counts as 1 attack so if the knight blocks 5 missiles his delay will increase by 5s (very long), that also decreases his reaction rate by 40% (10% decrease for each second over 1).
Chris.m21 wrote:
26 Jul 2017, 18:13
My biggest hope is the ability to not zoom in during battle, or a 2x speed button. Giving some (even miniscule) chance to get a gold chest with a 3 achievement victory would be nice, going to be rough if the only way to get rare gear or higher is through those.
Double tap to skip the zoom in.
2x Speed coming soon.
There is a small chance to get the rare chests from Rare (or higher) quests as well as PvP.

Chris.m21
Unfamiliar
Unfamiliar

Post by Chris.m21 » 27 Jul 2017, 02:39

Thank you so much! The quick and crazy helpful replies are super amazing. U am looking forward to playing this game for a while, got my wife into it yesterday, and the customization is very appealing on her end

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 27 Jul 2017, 02:42

Thanks! A lot of the female beta testers really enjoyed the customization. There'll be a system soon where each armor/outfit will have 3 different styles you can unlock and select from > https://twitter.com/GamenamiGames/statu ... 4117563392

Follow our Twitter and/or FB for the latest on new outfits we're working on. :)

Chris.m21
Unfamiliar
Unfamiliar

Post by Chris.m21 » 27 Jul 2017, 15:16

I haven't been able to skip the zoom in yet. What exactly are we suppose to double tap, and does it only work on auto?

Suggest showing the state decrease of the fatigue level. It clearly drops attack, but showing it on the overview page would be nice

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 28 Jul 2017, 03:51

Chris.m21 wrote:
27 Jul 2017, 15:16
I haven't been able to skip the zoom in yet. What exactly are we suppose to double tap, and does it only work on auto?
Double tap the enemy (or ally in the case of healing).
Chris.m21 wrote:
27 Jul 2017, 15:16
Suggest showing the state decrease of the fatigue level. It clearly drops attack, but showing it on the overview page would be nice
It drops everything (e.g. Speed, accuracy, evasion, etc).

Chris.m21
Unfamiliar
Unfamiliar

Post by Chris.m21 » 28 Jul 2017, 20:09

Ok, I've been trying the double tap today using skills, basic attack, and heals, it hasn't skipped the animation zoom in yet. I've tried on my phone and my laptop using a mouse, doesn't seem to have any affect, I'm not really worried if 2x will be coming along in the future, just wondering if it's broken for me or I'm not doing it right.

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 29 Jul 2017, 09:57

Oh, it skips the aiming view with the additional info. It doesn't skip the attack zoom-in.

Chris.m21
Unfamiliar
Unfamiliar

Post by Chris.m21 » 31 Jul 2017, 16:55

Anyone have any tactics for the guys with 12k+ threat? I can't even imagine how many rare boxes it would take for every chat to have legendary+ weapons and armor.

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 01 Aug 2017, 06:03

I have 8.2K threat and I can take on 12K threat and still get A or S. However I am a dev so maybe my opinion is not acceptable in this case. I'm not using any special developer weapons or anything of the sort.

Legendaries don't have better stats than regular weapons. All weapons/armor follow the same upgrade formula.

That said, Legendaries to look a lot better and as they say: looks are half the battle.

Best1400au
Unknown
Unknown

Post by Best1400au » 04 Aug 2017, 12:44

A rotate battleground 90° or even 45° left and right button would be great somewhere on the interface, it can be hard to click behind certain enemies at times especially if they are big enough to hide the tiles around them.

I know this is asking for to much but more dialogue and variables/rare situations and confrontations would really immerse the game more and give a true RPG feel. What I mean is like when you embark on a quest loads up a map of the area and your party follows a trail to a destination where there is a small chance of running into a random situation. E.g. you embark on a quest that is in the woods, the load screen shows you following the path but at say a bridge you get attacked by bandits.. Or you encounter a dying man and are given multiple choices on what to do etc. Even its just finding a small amount of resources or something. Asking a lot I know cuz I studied digital animation and have worked with coders before. A lot of work but anything to split up the grind and the opportunity to see new things would be great to be put in a game.

Creatures should level up too, the undead minions should not be made obsolete so quickly they aren't even slightly intimidating at lvl 1 and the same ones are used in 5000 threat quests.

Last but not least the game still crashes regularly at load screens. It is so common for me it has turned me off from the game at times and I'll end up doing something else.
bears