Gamenami please change Threat Level

A new 3D sci-fi strategy title developed by Gamenami. The game is still in beta but if you like lazors, play Star Battleships.
Ghent96
Unfamiliar
Unfamiliar

Gamenami please change Threat Level

Post by Ghent96 » 07 May 2018, 17:59

Gamenami devs,

Right now the threat level (TL) calculation is not fair to players at all. Players that choose to level up a ship are basically penalized for doing so - the TL goes up by 5 points per ship level, but only 1 point per level of gun, shield, reactor, armor, or crew. Star level only counts as 1 point per star.

This is not fair because leveling up a ship only gives a small increse to power and HP. The TL increase is not proportionate to the gain in the ships performance in a PvP battle. In fact, players who level up ships usually find that they cannot win PvP battles at all because they are facing opponents with level 1 ships, but maxed out guns, shields, reactors, and crew matched at exactly the same TL. These other parts of a ship give a huge boost in PvP performance.

The problem is real. Please fix it by at least one of the following methods:
- tell us in-game how TL is calculated;
- change TL formula to give 1 point per ship level;
- give ships a boost to HP, speed, HP, special amount, power, evade, resist - ALL stats should gain boosts each time we level up a ship, not just HP and power. This would actually make a ship more worthwhile to level up and worth a higher TL score such as 5;
- offer players a reset to level 1 ships and compensate us with stardust and max boxes.

...or propose your own fix, and actually DISCUSS it with your players first before just doing it. Please do something soon. This has been a problem for a long time and is making players leave the game. It is not fair to us.

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Re: Gamenami please change Threat Level

Post by Master of Clan X » 11 May 2018, 04:09

Ghent96 wrote:
07 May 2018, 17:59
- change TL formula to give 1 point per ship level;
Done. Also reduce the contribution of player level to Threat. Just do 1 attack and your threat should be recalculated (and lowered).

The other things you mentioned (including the other threads) are out of my control but I've let the programmer in charge know.

underdevil
Unfamiliar
Unfamiliar

Post by underdevil » 11 May 2018, 20:27

so basically you're changing the whole game just because a low lvl player asks you to do that?

lvl 100, all my ships are lvl 50/50, ALL equipment is 5* maxed, ALL my crew are 7* and 6* maxed and yet my new threat is 2755 :) before the change i was the player with the highest threat -3995

user betlogin69 is lvl 75, his ships are lvl 27,29,31,32,33.
tl.jpg
tl.jpg (48.97 KiB) Viewed 5042 times
I'm sure he doesn't have ALL equipment 5* and maxed and pretty sure he doesn't have any 6* crew.
how come his threat lvl is 2765?

i've been here since december 2014, always loved the game but with every change you made you're killing it.......

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 12 May 2018, 01:16

underdevil wrote:
11 May 2018, 20:27
how come his threat lvl is 2765?
Master of Clan X wrote:
11 May 2018, 04:09
Just do 1 attack and your threat should be recalculated (and lowered).

Ghent96
Unfamiliar
Unfamiliar

Post by Ghent96 » 15 May 2018, 03:26

Underdevil, this is not just me, or any one other "low level player". This is what a lot of people have been complaining about here and in game, mostly in game, for a year or so. This has been a long time coming. TL calculations were just unfair, and wrong, and being exploited on a massive level by all of us, and it was overdue for a fix.

I and many many others applaud this step towards a rational rebalance of the game. Thank you developers.

Ghent96
Unfamiliar
Unfamiliar

Post by Ghent96 » 23 May 2018, 13:25

underdevil wrote:
11 May 2018, 20:27
... before the change i was the player with the highest threat -3995...
Why are you worried about having the highest TL? What direct advantage or reward do you get from #1 rank in TL?

Nothing? Hmmm... ;)

Sounds kinda like those that are worried about guilds, rank, highest, infamy, etc... It is all totally meaningless. Let's worry about the balance of the game and the community more, and less about our own selves.