New player

A new 3D sci-fi strategy title developed by Gamenami. The game is still in beta but if you like lazors, play Star Battleships.
nalisai
Unknown
Unknown

New player

Post by nalisai » 17 Jan 2018, 14:44

I'm relatively new to the game, as I've only been playing for about a month but I thought I'd offer some feedback so far:

- The FAQ is most definitely lacking. It's great to have descriptions of some of the things in game, but a more detailed explanation of how armor and resistance work versus damage output would be appreciated, as well as details about speed for combat (why are their two separate delays on turns? Ship speed + weapon speed?)
- FAQ I nuked sooooo much space dust leveling up my ships not knowing it was to EVOLVE crew and parts rather than POWER UP my parts and crew. Wording here is faulty and should be fixed and/or some sort of warning should be given. Better descriptions on what items do in their description (along with more stats visibility) would be nice, but this goes along with explaining armor/resist vs. damage better.
- I get why combat is laid out the way it is, but more explanation as to the various possible layouts and tactics would be appreciated earlier in the game. The starting cruiser being a BACK LINE ship versus the tank it looks like, etc., would be nice too.You don't get that until you start browsing through the shipyard.
- I only just recently found a full 'universe' map someone posted, and I can kind of understand now that credits are limited in the starting area for a reason, but some of the early stages seem a bit ridiculously overpowered to me. You would think visiting the game daily to collect your currency would be enough of a slog/grind, but to have areas right at the start that have 2k+ threat with very little explanation of what that means and how it's calculated is a bit of a downer, not to mention that the credit price of ships jumps exponentially from light to heavy etc. (excepting the tacticals). Also, having some of the battles include multiples of the same kind of ship when players can only have one of each is a bit deceptive, don't you think?
- Unobtainium - I like that you give it out relatively freely, so don't get me wrong here - but the other prices in the shop are a bit outrageous. 50 unob for 50 mineral? I can get 100 from the tutorial mine. Same for gas (although the refinery in the starting area is a bit harder to take, and you don't really explain where to get what.)
- The big thing is availability of credits - both starting colonies are hard to take (I got my first one around level 5 and haven't been able to get the second one at level 11 yet...), and they only give max (I've seen so far) of 1k credits. When ships go for 100k plus credits, do you really want new players slogging through over a month of playtime before they can purchase ONE ship? (Devil's advocate - I suppose it's perfectly acceptable to have a fleet of all light and tactical ships until you reach a point where the larger ships become more mandatory...)

I suppose that's a lot for now...I could get into more like the interface and all, but I'll leave that for another time and hopefully we'll see an update or something soon........ ?

Feel free to message me for more or, in the past I've worked as a builder on MUDs/MUSHs and have beta tested several games, so if you're looking for dev help I'm available and willing.

49gear
Obscure
Obscure

Re: New player

Post by 49gear » 17 Jan 2018, 18:42

i have play a bit over 1 year you are right we don,t have much info on how to play the game or how to set ups ships or crews set ups so i was never one to tell someone to do somethind i was not willing to do my self with than say i will try to the best of my know how to play the game to made posts on the forum like crews set ups crew stats and ships stats well wish me luck on the posts i will try to do