Couple of suggesttions/questions

A new 3D sci-fi strategy title developed by Gamenami. The game is still in beta but if you like lazors, play Star Battleships.
Conalll
Unknown
Unknown

Couple of suggesttions/questions

Post by Conalll » 05 Sep 2016, 15:32

First, sorry if I missed someone already covering these. I JUST found this game yesterday, and I'm already in love. I also apologize if I missed them being covered somewhere. That is totally possible.

There are a couple of things that I think need to be covered either in the FAQ's or the tutorial.

Range Penalties:
Unless I missed it, I didn't see anything that explains the range penalties in ship placement. Is that the range penalty I suffer? Them? Both? I don't understand it, and thus it's hard for me to decide how I want to work with ship placement. This one really should be covered in the tutorial so new players can understand what it means.

Make Leader:
I figured this one out myself, but many won't be able to. Unless there is a real benefit, it appears to just be a cosmetic thing. You can choose from your crew someone's picture to show up as yours. Again, it should be mentioned somewhere.

Crew Placement:
There's a captain slot, and then two more slots. Does it matter who goes where, or is it just an extra immersion thing? "You get to choose the captain of your ships," but there's really no benefit kind of thing.

Go home button:
Ok, this is a thought for the lazy types, but adding a "return to base" button rather than finding it on the map might make people happy.

Reduced cut-scene improvement:
Often when I have the cut-scene set to reduced, I'll have like three turns go off at once. While that does make it move faster, it makes it hard to keep track of who shot who for what damage. It might be better to keep each turn separate so we can better keep track. I do like that the final volley is still full cut-scene though.

Shield graphics bug:
At times, the health bar shows an enemy still has shields, but they are only taking hull damage. Nothing more than that. I suspect it's a bug.

That's all for now. I know it's a beta, but then, that's what beta is for. It make it ready for full release.

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Re: Couple of suggesttions/questions

Post by Master of Clan X » 06 Sep 2016, 03:13

Didn't want to make the tutorial too long. Anyway it's still being worked on and we might have a way to allow players to play bits of the tutorial for rewards any time they want to find out more about a particular aspect of the game.
Conalll wrote: Range Penalties:
Unless I missed it, I didn't see anything that explains the range penalties in ship placement. Is that the range penalty I suffer? Them? Both?
Yes it's both actually. So your ship at the back row has -20% + -20% (for a total of -40% accuracy) to hit the enemy back row.

Make Leader & the Captain slot are just cosmetic for now. There were plans for Captain only skills that would activate only if that crew is placed in the Captain slot. Would require a UI update and not sure if the database modification would be difficult.
Conalll wrote: Go home button:
Ok, this is a thought for the lazy types, but adding a "return to base" button rather than finding it on the map might make people happy.
Good suggestion, it's being worked on.
Conalll wrote: Reduced cut-scene improvement & Shield graphics bug
Will need more investigate more to determine the best course of action.

inaho rowe
Conspicuous
Conspicuous

Post by inaho rowe » 06 Sep 2016, 15:09

Master of Clan X wrote:
Conalll wrote: Range Penalties:
Unless I missed it, I didn't see anything that explains the range penalties in ship placement. Is that the range penalty I suffer? Them? Both?
Yes it's both actually. So your ship at the back row has -20% + -20% (for a total of -40% accuracy) to hit the enemy back row.
WAIT WAIT WAIT?! XD since when ? i mean i think i had talked about this when the update about range penalties came out(i think i was talking about people then just having to put their ships all the way at the back), but i don't remember it was said that it was actually/made cumulative... well thanksfully i had already made my formation based on rp and only the heal is all the way at the back ^^
Master of Clan X wrote:
Conalll wrote: Reduced cut-scene improvement & Shield graphics bug
Will need more investigate more to determine the best course of action.
i can back that up, i had noticed it, but i tought it was already reported

Mod_Nami
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mod_Nami » 13 Sep 2016, 04:01

Conalll wrote:Shield graphics bug:
At times, the health bar shows an enemy still has shields, but they are only taking hull damage. Nothing more than that. I suspect it's a bug.
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. We would like more information for us to identify the issue:
- Was this during cutscene or the top down view?
- How many weapons were fired?
- Does the weapon have shield penetration (% of damage bypass shield)?
- Did it happened in the final volley cutscene when there are still missiles flying towards that ship?

Mod_Nami
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mod_Nami » 13 Sep 2016, 04:02

Conalll wrote: Go home button:
For android users, you can simply press the "Back" button to go home.
For web browser users, you can press ESC key to go home.
For iOS users, we'll look into adding a floating button for this.

Conalll
Unknown
Unknown

Post by Conalll » 15 Sep 2016, 00:20

Mod_Ocho wrote:
Conalll wrote:Shield graphics bug:
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. We would like more information for us to identify the issue:
- Was this during cutscene or the top down view?
- How many weapons were fired?
- Does the weapon have shield penetration (% of damage bypass shield)?
- Did it happened in the final volley cutscene when there are still missiles flying towards that ship?
In order,

-Doesn't seem to matter. It happens in both.
-Full volleys every time (I don't fire anything else right now. :) )
-Not to my knowledge, but all volleys/specials seem to hit hull only, never any shield damage despite there still being white on the HP bar. Previous volleys did hit shields, so it's not like the shields aren't working. I've just been able to drain them away.
-No, it's persistent once it happens.

I will say this; it seems to happen after a ship is healed, especially if there is shield recharge as part of the heal. When no one heals anyone, it doesn't seem to happen. I will try to pay much closer attention to see when it does or does not happen. I'll add a new post to this thread once I think I've established the pattern.

Oh, and I hear ya on not making the tutorial too long. Definitely a hard line to walk between making sure they know what they need without too much "teaching" to start.

Conalll
Unknown
Unknown

Post by Conalll » 16 Sep 2016, 04:11

Ok, I can now say with confidence that the shield bug happens only when any kind of shield recharging special is used. No other factors seem to affect it. Any other time, the shield part of the HP bar drains properly. But once a shield recharge special is used (such as the one on the "Photon" ship), sometimes the shield part of the HP bar no longer moves. It's not 100% of the time, but it happens a lot.

Hope that helps.

Mod_Nami
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mod_Nami » 16 Sep 2016, 12:51

Thanks for the additional feedback and information.
From this, we can see that it is likely a display bug and we are looking into fixing it.

Fadzuar Sabastian
Unfamiliar
Unfamiliar

Post by Fadzuar Sabastian » 10 Jan 2017, 01:34

Make Leader:
I figured this one out myself, but many won't be able to. Unless there is a real benefit, it appears to just be a cosmetic thing. You can choose from your crew someone's picture to show up as yours. Again, it should be mentioned somewhere.
Crew Placement:
There's a captain slot, and then two more slots. Does it matter who goes where, or is it just an extra immersion thing? "You get to choose the captain of your ships," but there's really no benefit kind of thing.

How about stat double for captain slot and stat fourfold for make leader
For example Shield Architect stat 1.Shield: 1000 and 2.SPECIAL,Shield Modulator: Recovers 10% of max Shield each turn.

If put in captain slot become: Shield 2000

If make leader: Shield 4000
or Shield 2000 + Recover 20% of max Shield each turn.

And make it apear (Just Type(Captain or Leader)) in Crew
Shield: 1000
Shield: 2000 (Captain)
Shield: 4000 (Leader)
Shield: 6000 (Captain+Leader)

6000 or 5000=(1000+1000(Captain)+3000(Leader))
if 5000 I will put Leader in ordinary slots

or
Shield: 1000
Shield: 2000 (Captain)
Shield: 3000 (Leader)
Shield: 4000 (Captain&Leader)
I will put Leader in ordinary slots

Fester06
Unknown
Unknown

Post by Fester06 » 22 Aug 2017, 19:46

Since we're asking questions, I got a pretty big one here. Well, I think it's big. Is there any plan to release to the players any of the weapons that the computer uses like the siege laser?

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 24 Aug 2017, 15:54

Fester06 wrote:
22 Aug 2017, 19:46
Well, I think it's big. Is there any plan to release to the players any of the weapons that the computer uses like the siege laser?
It is pretty big. I dug up the design documents. The weapons are the same except for their Special which is better (e.g. Particle Beam - Reduce enemy action bar by 5%; Concussion Beam - Reduce enemy action bar by 10%).

There's no method to unlock them documented but I guess it could be as simple as adding a new item/catalyst that upgrades a weapon/part to the improved version.

Fester06
Unknown
Unknown

Post by Fester06 » 25 Aug 2017, 12:44

Thank you, I appreciate that. It would be nice really. I'm saying that because it gives the players something to shoot for. Right now, what happens is you get your weapons, you level them out at 5 star and then that's it. Also, a little irritation to me is the engines. It just seems that one is never fast enough or none are ever strong enough. In other words, not enough power. You either get a lot of power, or a lot of speed. There should be a later improvement. I know that every game is going to have items that are stronger and weaker, but don't put weapons and stuff on other ships like the computers, and they can use things that sound cool and actually are better, but the players can't. That's my 2 cents.

Zero
Unknown
Unknown

Re: Couple of suggestions/questions

Post by Zero » 03 Nov 2017, 18:33

Here's a suggestion for a tweak in the Hangar display:
the yellow Power Bar with White text is just not very readable due to contrast (even with the black outline of letters, just too tiny).
Can we pick a darker color? Such as orange or green?

Thanks!