Defensive AI

A new 3D sci-fi strategy title developed by Gamenami. The game is still in beta but if you like lazors, play Star Battleships.
Concur
Obscure
Obscure

Defensive AI

Post by Concur » 14 Jun 2016, 06:13

With the update of being able to target corvette specials has come the largest problem of a highly ineffective AI. It's to easy to beat a much stronger opponent by dropping a tank in front of a heavy hitting dps ie spectre or regulus and having the AI attack that one ship, instead of an almost dead target or a column of weak targets that would normally be easy pickings and allowing weaker fleets to beat a much stronger on based on how the attacker positions his fleet with the defending player at a huge disadvantage by not attacking the most common sense target, same with the corvettes that when on defense attack the ship with the lowest health when scorpions special should be used th stop the next ship from immediately firing and delaying it's action bar. This really needs to be updated before guild battles start. Hell I'd like to see a list of ships that I could give a threat order in which ships should be targeted first

Khern
Unfamiliar
Unfamiliar

Re: Defensive AI

Post by Khern » 14 Jun 2016, 10:01

It's risky, in many games pvp against AI is favoring the attacker for a reason, people would stop playing if they have to try too hard (or *touss* spend $$) to win their main resource of income.

That corvette buff is nice and all but wasn't discussed at all, they are owning ships way much expensive. I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing, as it's more fun to play but feel there is a also a problem in balance there.

Before guild battles, there is something way more important to look for : infamy. That system works pretty good as income is capped and doesn't impact progress at the moment.

But in therm of being competitive it's not working too well, you can abuse it in many ways, dropping in ranks way too easily or in the opposite bully people all the day. Seems there is no more threshold past 4k-5k threat level.

Concur
Obscure
Obscure

Post by Concur » 15 Jun 2016, 19:14

Well there is no threshold after 4k because there are only a dozen players past that lvl with infamy from 6k-20k

And I do like the corvette buff but when on defense they auto attack ships with lowest health, with the rest of the ships attacking straight ahead damn near any opponent can be beat unless there just super OP. And you don't even have to manually attack, just place your ships in the proper position and auto attack and you can beat an opponent with a threat lvl thousands of points higher than you.

Concur
Obscure
Obscure

Post by Concur » 15 Jun 2016, 20:41

I'd be ok with a threat order for targeting ships, a players threat level is based off his ships and crew rights so just figure out the breakdown of threat of each ship. Lets say each ship gets 20 points of threat for each star in all its equipment and crew and 1 point of threat for each level of equipment, crew and ship. The ship with the highest threat that's attackable gets targeted and attacked by the AI

I believe that's a fair calculation and this is beta so why not try it