Speed overpowered

A new 3D sci-fi strategy title developed by Gamenami. The game is still in beta but if you like lazors, play Star Battleships.
inaho rowe
Conspicuous
Conspicuous

Re: Speed overpowered

Post by inaho rowe » 17 Jun 2016, 09:11

Concur wrote:
Khern wrote:(…)

http://hpics.li/da03c70

I'll let you guess who this guy is.

Ho wait maybe he should have put more, those Galahad and Electra should move out for navigators of course.
Lol I'm glad you beat, very few can, I want some compitition and that's GY good job he's running a good formation too,.
i love the "i want some competition" excuse me the words but that's a f****** joke, when i see that practically EVERY FLEET is composed of aegis, vertigo, elemental, caduceus and sentinel, it's like i'm seeing space sheeps everywhere
if you want competition then don't use the "most powerfull" settup designed by everyone
peoples are all about "oh with the recent update about speed and the corvette power up they're so op let's use them all and only do speed setup" it's like yeah... what are you even playing the game for? only for winning with the best set up? what's even fun about this? i won't ever understand this kind of things in game that let you choose between diferent ship or style and stuff people always just go for the most powerfull and don't gave a damn about apearance or rp or whatever...
it's like sub gun.... i barely ever see people use them.... yeah they're weak but so what? what's the damn use of having them if everybody goes full canon or full missile? ...

Junie
Low profile
Low profile

Post by Junie » 17 Jun 2016, 13:49

well concur is heavy paid customer... i barely have 5* crews.... i dont expect much to win much againts paid customers with extremes speed... i dont have a single 4* star speed engine

Concur
Obscure
Obscure

Post by Concur » 17 Jun 2016, 23:34

I haven't dropped more cash than required for the spectre I've gotten a bunch of good drops the engines I have are from schematics, if you see my crew there all 2 and 3 stars that I've grinded and evolved hell I've gotten one 5* I used to evolve an ace pilot to 6 stars those last new missions have dropped a ton of 5 star gear for me

Khern
Unfamiliar
Unfamiliar

Post by Khern » 18 Jun 2016, 08:46

Just getting one 5* star engine, depending on which one is an enormous advantage. You can't max 5* weapons without, or you will have to sacrifice a lot in shield and armor (300 power for 3 maxed mass drivers)

So if you have 3 of them, no wonder there isn't competition on your lvl Concur lol

Junie
Low profile
Low profile

Post by Junie » 18 Jun 2016, 12:43

Well thx concur... after update "speed" mechanics i can "harvest" again your guild mates Taishing & Mertgunver... it was a pleasure... lol they way slower now...

inaho rowe
Conspicuous
Conspicuous

Post by inaho rowe » 19 Jun 2016, 11:54

lol hum... on a side note, just fought someone who's crusader's siege canon was spammed every turn with barely a 40-50 seconds of cooldown then the same for delay, what's even the use of a special attack if it's spammed like that XD i mean arn't specials attack something suposed to be the trump card, like powerful but extremely costy in ennergy ? ^^

Jugarian
Conspicuous
Conspicuous

Post by Jugarian » 21 Jun 2016, 16:42

well, Crsader's skill is a trash anyway. 150% physical dmg, much wow. And goodluck looking at your ugly ship LOL

inaho rowe
Conspicuous
Conspicuous

Post by inaho rowe » 23 Jun 2016, 11:39

Jugarian wrote:well, Crsader's skill is a trash anyway. 150% physical dmg, much wow. And goodluck looking at your ugly ship LOL
lol not using crusader anyway, not much liking it, and just in case it was adressed to me, even if it where ugly i prefer looking at my "ugly ship" than being some stupid brainless sheep who only know to copy others and use the same set up as everyone else

Khern
Unfamiliar
Unfamiliar

Post by Khern » 24 Jun 2016, 13:18

inaho rowe wrote: (…), when i see that practically EVERY FLEET is composed of aegis, vertigo, elemental, caduceus and sentinel, it's like i'm seeing space sheeps everywhere
That's certainly not the case, maybe in the beginning where they use all the ships they have (typically a starter fleet in your exemple and you can't go far with it), and in the end of the ranking because they don't have time to lose playing manual and are running for pts (but that's less than five people with the exactly same fleet/crew).

But you can't say that. Although I can agree the Scylla has to be in all the best fleets at the moment as a weapon of mass destruction.

And that is indeed an ugly ship (but that's in my opinion).

Baltis
Unknown
Unknown

Post by Baltis » 27 Jun 2016, 16:13

Concur wrote:With the update of speed affecting specials cooldowns it is now vastly overpowered, what was balanced is no longer, accuracy, evasion, and crit no longer matter as stats. The game has turned into a speed race of special abilities. Anyone with over 7k infamy is stacking speed and only speed. Specials need to be affected by all stats, speed, crit, evasion, and accuracy or none at all and bring back the specials global cooldown.
Speaking as a new player I agree, as the starting sorties stop being gradual, level 10 ships suddenly, they get 2-3 turns and Crit chance and damage only worked because random crew repairs skills dropped for all ships. I had to farm the first sortie for 3 days, so way too steep progression and speed seemed to make it a larger issue. I think evade parts and Crit parts use too much power, as well as hp hulls and shields, a high hp crit build should be possible that is equally build friendly. The stat that effects a special should win out over spamming it. I've played Battlestations a lot, and see the potential with balance.