Speed overpowered

A new 3D sci-fi strategy title developed by Gamenami. The game is still in beta but if you like lazors, play Star Battleships.
Concur
Obscure
Obscure

Speed overpowered

Post by Concur » 14 Jun 2016, 05:56

With the update of speed affecting specials cooldowns it is now vastly overpowered, what was balanced is no longer, accuracy, evasion, and crit no longer matter as stats. The game has turned into a speed race of special abilities. Anyone with over 7k infamy is stacking speed and only speed. Specials need to be affected by all stats, speed, crit, evasion, and accuracy or none at all and bring back the specials global cooldown.

Gothmoth
Unfamiliar
Unfamiliar

Re: Speed overpowered

Post by Gothmoth » 14 Jun 2016, 20:34

I think its ok, corvettes are deadly now too.

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 15 Jun 2016, 05:43

There might be a case for allowing Specials to be affected by evasion. But that also makes corvettes more powerful.

Junie
Low profile
Low profile

Post by Junie » 15 Jun 2016, 14:55

the only speed merchant thats tough are ones that have spectres actually.

Concur
Obscure
Obscure

Post by Concur » 15 Jun 2016, 19:29

I'm sorry master of clans but your wrong the corvettes are strong but very brittle, like I said speed is the only stat that matters right now, speed+damage = win, I have zero accuracy, zero crit, and zero evasion. My ships are so fast that I get all 5 ships to fire before one of my opponents, normally destroying 3 in the process, nothing matters besides special attacks, I don't use a single norml weapon besides on the corvettes, it's all hydra cannons lvl 1 hydras because they give speed and I don't lvl them so I have energy to put into armor and sheild. So accuracy evasion and crit should just be removed from the game they are so irrelevant. Or made to where they affect specials and master of clans, if specials are affected by evaision then they have to be effected by accuracy or else I could just get evasion up to 100 and you'd never do more than half damage, so I think just evaision would be an even worse mistake than allowing speed to effect the specials global cooldown, it took the one thing that balenced the game and screwed it up, because not matter what level you are the gloBAL cooldown was the same for everyone and thus accuracy evasion and crit actually made an impact in the battles
Last edited by Concur on 15 Jun 2016, 19:35, edited 1 time in total.

Concur
Obscure
Obscure

Post by Concur » 15 Jun 2016, 19:33

@ GOTHMOTH & @ JUNIE I farm you two on a regular basis come attack me and tell me speed isn't overpowered.....

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 16 Jun 2016, 02:54

Concur wrote:I'm sorry master of clans but your wrong the corvettes are strong but very brittle
What am I wrong about? I didn't say corvettes were not brittle.

Concur
Obscure
Obscure

Post by Concur » 16 Jun 2016, 04:09

Master of Clan X wrote:
Concur wrote:I'm sorry master of clans but your wrong the corvettes are strong but very brittle
What am I wrong about? I didn't say corvettes were not brittle.
Sorry that was for gothmoth not you, yes corvettes are awesome but not OP being able to hit what ever target you want I think balenced them out, at least on offense still very weak on D because (a) they don't hit what you want them to, they attack the lowest hp target, and (b) if their speed is too fast their attack can go off before the attacker zones in and waste their special. And if you max out speed it makes them very brittle easy targets for an attacker

Concur
Obscure
Obscure

Post by Concur » 16 Jun 2016, 04:15

Concur wrote:@ GOTHMOTH & @ JUNIE I farm you two on a regular basis come attack me and tell me speed isn't overpowered.....

Ok so I've been blasted for this post being arrogant, but honestly if I always win and you always lose I must be doin some thing right,

JUNIE spectre is easy to beat, drop a high resist tank in front of it and it will auto attack it long enough for you to kill the spectre, corvettes are perfect for this now. No formation is perfect each has its flaws if you can figure it out you can beat any formation.

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 16 Jun 2016, 07:04

Concur wrote:Sorry that was for gothmoth not you
No worries. I guess if the specials are too powerful at the moment because of speed, another thing that could be done would be to increase their delay before activation and cooldown.

Khern
Unfamiliar
Unfamiliar

Post by Khern » 16 Jun 2016, 10:19

There many ways to counter speed, I already won against Five Hoshiro formations with less than 200 worth of average speed myself. Ask your conquerors pals Concur.

Does that mean my point is valid because of that ? I doubt it, the "I beat you on a regular basis" is pretty weak there because of the few numbers we are. Plus defense is of course weaker due to AI. Is that a bad thing ? I can't tell.

What I'm saying is I didn't even put all my thoughts to counter that. There is a lot of room in my opinion to work on anti full-speed strats.

Fleets I lose constantly for now are because I can't get ride of a monolith or a scylla, before a scylla with incredibly STUPID AMOUNT OF DMG can reduce my entire fleet to shambles. But in these cases, I still feel I've a chance to do something, despite being overpowered not only in speed, but in global power (mainly dmg output), and that's make it thrilling and keeps me interested in the game.

Like I said if you give too much struggle for people to stay interested in pvp they'll just stop it. As how are things now, strategic placement is still relevant in attack.

About that there is no way I'm using auto unless an opponent is far weaker than me, what you said about this point is purely objective (like my point) and based on what you experienced as a heavy pay to win player. How many people can do that ? How many people should do that ? It's for the devs to decide, but it's surely not the norm at the moment.

Gorynich
Unfamiliar
Unfamiliar

Post by Gorynich » 16 Jun 2016, 16:38

Concur is right, after the "speed update" speed is the only stat that you need to win, all the other things (weapons, commanders etc ) are irrelevant. The idea of speed influencig specials is good and it has sense but as for now it ruined the balance. May be there should be implemented some kind of cofficient to reduce influence of speed on special cooldowns. And if special cooldowns are affected by speed they should be affected by all the other stats as well thus we will bring the balance back to the game))))

Khern
Unfamiliar
Unfamiliar

Post by Khern » 16 Jun 2016, 18:59

(…)

http://hpics.li/da03c70

I'll let you guess who this guy is.

Ho wait maybe he should have put more, those Galahad and Electra should move out for navigators of course.

Concur
Obscure
Obscure

Post by Concur » 17 Jun 2016, 00:34

Khern wrote:(…)

http://hpics.li/da03c70

I'll let you guess who this guy is.

Ho wait maybe he should have put more, those Galahad and Electra should move out for navigators of course.
Lol I'm glad you beat, very few can, I want some compitition and that's GY good job he's running a good formation too,.

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 17 Jun 2016, 04:29

Gorynich wrote:Concur is right, after the "speed update" speed is the only stat that you need to win,
How much speed do you have?