What ship should I buy?

A new 3D sci-fi strategy title developed by Gamenami. The game is still in beta but if you like lazors, play Star Battleships.
VoeJozzo
Unfamiliar
Unfamiliar

What ship should I buy?

Post by VoeJozzo » 24 Feb 2016, 05:31

I'm a new player and wondering what ship to get next? I have the Deimos, Elemental, and Caduceus, of course, as well as the Photon from buying Unobtanium. I bought the Vertigo also.
I've been thinking that the next ship to buy is the Scylla or Phobos, but I'm not sure. What's the conventional wisdom about the order in which to buy ships?
(I have 525 Minerals and 62K Credits.)

Jugarian
Conspicuous
Conspicuous

Re: What ship should I buy?

Post by Jugarian » 24 Feb 2016, 05:37

Go for a good tank (ares) for your long time goal
A powerful cruiser like spectre and phobos are mandatory. Scylla is also good if you can ramp up its speed to 170 ish.

The rest is depending on you. Elemental and vertigo is a good combo for focused damage.

You can have this setup:
1 tank, 2 battleships, 2 fighters
1 tank, 2 cruisers, 1 battleship, 1 fighter

It really depends on your preference. Never put too many low hp ships as you need secondary tanks (can be Battleship, Cruiser or another dreadnought)

Jugarian
Conspicuous
Conspicuous

Post by Jugarian » 24 Feb 2016, 05:43

Deimos will never be useful in the long run since it is a battleship with very low HP. Cant be a tank and not good for attacking either.. So much for a default ship.

As for now you need a good tank which is ares. Dont go for juggernaut as it is expensive yet not purely defensive..

When you got the tank, the rest will follow. Try if you can get spectre but it requires 2500 unobtanium purchase. Its worth it btw. Caduceus is not that useful in the future unless well, if it gets a strong buff in skills :D

See you around in space, captain!

inaho rowe
Conspicuous
Conspicuous

Post by inaho rowe » 24 Feb 2016, 12:42

i personnaly think one should build a fleet deponding on his state rather than what is the best ship.....

Junie
Low profile
Low profile

Post by Junie » 24 Feb 2016, 13:57

Buy ships based on equip & crew u got. Every ships is good basically. You just need to think whos the defenders whos the attackers. All attackers or defenders are fail formations.

VoeJozzo
Unfamiliar
Unfamiliar

Post by VoeJozzo » 24 Feb 2016, 15:17

It sounds like the general consensus is that I should go for Ares, which I'll do. Go big or go home, amirite? (It requires you to Develop your base, to be able to get that many Credits at once, right?)
Also, since I'm probably going to be buying at least 750 more Unobtanium at some point (to get the Ellipse, and to support the game), what should that be spent on? I've been using it to get 3-5* Crew, is that the right call? (Converting it to Minerals and Credits seems like a bad plan as you can get those in lots of other ways.)
Thank you all so much! I look forward to raiding with you all! :D

inaho rowe
Conspicuous
Conspicuous

Post by inaho rowe » 24 Feb 2016, 16:56

ahah.......no...sorry.....i don't think this is such a bad plan....
well i' can't say because i'm not quite farming actively every single day, but i'm actually saving up to get the regulus....and despite having enought minerals (wich was my first problem before some update) i'm half way short in money XD and it's quite long to get lot of money XD

but that aside...well i'll tell it again, in the end it depends on your taste and all...i personnaly went for osafune because i liked it's apearance (beside lack of turrets *snifle*) and same goes for my future remplacement of the battleship for regulus

Tsa
Unknown
Unknown

Post by Tsa » 25 Feb 2016, 02:17

I think you need to have a good plan of playing style first.

Attacking ships like vertigo, elemental, spectre, scylla, can do a good job of taking down dangerous ships hiding in back row.

This strategy can let you pass through the damn hard tank in late game,
But waste your Normal attack power, and all rely on your ship skill. If your skill failed to do its job, you will be in a bad situtation and this may need more manual control to make sure your skills can hit what you wanna hit.

Attacking ships like phobos and those battleships do damage on tank first is just opposite to those crusiers

So phobos and scylla are both good ships
But they are used by different strategy.
Using both of them at the same time will waste part of your firepower which is not a good idea.

Just my two cents