PvP

A new 3D sci-fi strategy title developed by Gamenami. The game is still in beta but if you like lazors, play Star Battleships.
Stranghja
Unfamiliar
Unfamiliar

PvP

Post by Stranghja » 30 May 2015, 05:13

Just wanted to comment on how much I dislike the battle format in the sorties section.

1) There is a double penalty for use of power weapons. There is an initial charge up period, use weapon, followed by a cool-down period, followed by a recharge period again.
2) Then you can not choose your targets.
3) If an opponent is disabled/ destroyed before the next allowed shot, then you do not have an option to target the ship you want to because it automatically chooses for you.
4) The timers are not synchronized and it is almost impossible to base any intelligent actions on the data.

The format used for campaigns is way less complicated, makes sence and is a far better system for battles. I appeal and urge the developers to reconsider reverting to the entire sorties section to the campaigns style of combat.

hon
Prominent
Prominent

Re: PvP

Post by hon » 30 May 2015, 05:23

It buggy now & being fix :)

Kiljaedenas
Unfamiliar
Unfamiliar

Post by Kiljaedenas » 30 May 2015, 15:28

I'm putting a repeat of a post I put elsewhere in the update thread, but I'll put it here too:

Who the bloody hell came up with this new combat system with the timers on the ships? It is absolute crap! The previous system was ten times better for properly coordinating the attacks of your ships! Now some abilities like the Ruby Laser aren't aimable unless you reposition your ships and your ship is locked into a target for a delay, when in fact at the time they're able to fire the ability a different target could be much better?

In the old system that you still thankfully have for PvE, it flowed properly. You could plan coordinated tactics between all of your ships and adapt on the fly as the battle progressed. You could carefully and precisely control your damage output.

With the new system for PvP:
-The switching of progress bars to the second timers: Okay, that one I will admit does make it a tiny bit easier to see exactly when who will do what. The bars look better though. Perhaps give us the option to switch between the two?

-The warping in of ships one at a time: Ooh, flashy. Doesn't really do anything helpful though, I'd rather have everything ready to go and in a real situation no sane commander would send their ships in one at a time into firing range, that is tactical suicide. Doesn't directly break anything, so fine, whatever. Just a waste of time on the developer's part

-The massive increase in ship costs plus simultaneous drop in income amounts from fights: Really bloody annoying, thanks a whole bunch for that one (not)...admittedly at the very beginning the good ships were a bit easy to get but you didn't have to correct it THAT far. Still, acceptable, but very grudgingly.

-The addition of that STUPID delay on your ship after you order the use of an attack or an ability: Single handedly breaks the whole damn game even without everything else I mentioned above. Not only does this make long term tactical coordination impossible it also makes nearly all of the ship special abilities useless; they are so slow that ships can crank out multiple regular attacks on them before they can fire. Specific example of stupidity: Against automated opponents, or if you automate yourself, the repair ship Caduceus now frequently fires its repair beam before anything has been damaged which is a complete waste. Plus losing the ability to skip turns or deselect specific weapons for firing is bad (if you don't know why you obviously have no clue what you're doing). Whoever convinced you to put that delay-after-orders in obviously doesn't play the game and has no tactical sense whatsoever. Fire them, vigorously, and PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS! You have done nothing but screw this up!

mike ryder
Low profile
Low profile

Post by mike ryder » 01 Jun 2015, 06:20

Second that. Generally the game was developing into a good phone app game but now completely screwed up. If this game is ever to be released as a full game then you are going down the wrong pathway with the fighting system.