How about some fair competition?

Epic Trolling / flame wars. The best of this forum distilled for your reading pleasure.
Arthur Lin
Familiar
Familiar

Re: How about some fair competition?

Post by Arthur Lin » 04 May 2014, 08:46

So basically you are butt hurt coz i got a set of stuff that should take 2 months in 6 days

I made a compelling argument to the devs why I was deserving of it, and they agreed, and they made me pay a premium for it on top of the already quite expensive base cost.

here is where your mistake comes from...

You say the advantage comes from the gear itself, let me shed some light for your dumbass
The gear itself only represents potential, the gear by itself is but a glorfied world relic set at +18 with a 300 sailor boost and 1500 better armor, hit, dodge etc, which are nice bonuses but not game breaking

what i did was use my wallet for synergy... so at +28 and +30 the set becomes incredibly powerful coz now i get the added benefit of +35% attack, as well as all the bonuses from the large number of upgrades... each piece upgraded from lets say level 18 to level 28 would cost 1,027 lucky stones, and there are 8 pieces.... so you are looking at 8,216 lucky stone each stone at discounted price of 20% on Saturdays would amount to 23 gold each for a total of 188,968 gold

and lets not forget i can do my 1 shots also coz all my crew and epic with at least 2 skill over or close 1000, that's 4 skill unlocked everyone, 30 special training guild, 30 Gift manuals on each of the 23 crew.... as well as a host of nav token needed, gold needed to unlock the skill slots, and the gold needed to buy the skills itself....

those book when on 10% discount is 179 gold each, 60 books per crew = 10,740 gold each
skill slot = 100 + 200 +500 = 800 gold each...
(10,740 + 800) x 23 = you do the math

Thank God for entertainment write offs in my taxes...

P.S. just just finished filing my taxes for 2013, sometime this month I can work on getting my M lord set to all +28 ^^

hon
Prominent
Prominent

Post by hon » 04 May 2014, 08:57

lucky I quitted SSS early :D

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 04 May 2014, 10:34

Michael Anthony wrote:There used to be an equal number of players on both sides, but a lot of them migrated coz they couldn't stand PPH.
Which is more believable?

a) PPH is such a powerful flamer he can make hundreds of players butthurt enough to switch sides.
b) Players joined the Spanish because there were more high level / rich players there.

Sorte Ulv
Unknown
Unknown

Post by Sorte Ulv » 04 May 2014, 11:06

Master of Clan X wrote:
Michael Anthony wrote:There used to be an equal number of players on both sides, but a lot of them migrated coz they couldn't stand PPH.

a) PPH is such a powerful flamer he can make hundreds of players butthurt enough to switch sides.
b) Players joined the Spanish because there were more high level / rich players there.
Master of Clan X wrote:
Sorte Ulv wrote: You forget that War was not at the top always owning ports
Can't forget something I never knew. I don't play this game. Only SO. Just FYI.
Sorry for asking this but who are you as you say you have not played this game and yet you comment on it as if you have

PPH drove british players to become spanish players by continously attacking and killing them even though they were supposedly on the same side against the spanish BUT as you don't play the game you would not know this historic nor that Okeanos used to own the game before

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 04 May 2014, 12:04

Sorte Ulv wrote:Sorry for asking this but who are you as you say you have not played this game and yet you comment on it as if you have
It is EXACTLY because I haven't played the game that I can comment with this:
Master of Clan X wrote:Which is more believable?
b) Players joined the Spanish because there were more high level / rich players there
Has PPH managed to flamed X-Fleet players in BS causing most of them to leave his clan?
Sorte Ulv wrote:PPH drove british players to become spanish players by continously attacking and killing them even though they were supposedly on the same side
Sorry for asking this but who are you as a Spanish (obviously) player to say this? Were you English and did PPH sink you causing you to switch sides? and who are you to speak for all the ex-English defectors?

Andrew Bowman
Notable
Notable

Post by Andrew Bowman » 04 May 2014, 15:50

Arthur Lin wrote:So basically you are butt hurt coz i got a set of stuff that should take 2 months in 6 days
I might have agreed with you. And then I read this lol. You just lost this argument.

Arthur Lin
Familiar
Familiar

Post by Arthur Lin » 04 May 2014, 19:28

I'm not picking things to say that would help me look good or whatever
I just state the facts, and that i didn't cheat or whatever you want to call it

I follow simple rules of society, such as cash is king

Arthur Lin
Familiar
Familiar

Post by Arthur Lin » 04 May 2014, 19:37

Andrew Bowman wrote:
Arthur Lin wrote:So basically you are butt hurt coz i got a set of stuff that should take 2 months in 6 days
I might have agreed with you. And then I read this lol. You just lost this argument.

And is not like i get things that wasn't already in the game, if you think paying to get things early is an unfair advantage, then anyone and everyone who bought APs with ocho in BS is a cheater ^^

I also forget to mention there was a high level English player at the time by the name church who asked that he would be admiral continuously so he can collect the pieces first, and then he would always put him self up for admiral election right away after the previous one have concluded, on the 6th week, he didn't put himself in as he normally did, so 2 days before the deadline i messaged him and ask him if he had forgotten, the answer i got was, he was busy and will put himself up for election the next days, nothing happened the next day, and a week later he was Spanish. Which most of us came to the obvious conclusion that he had every intention of going Spanish, he stayed English just to take up the admiral spot since only 1 piece can be gained on each side per weekly bases.

Andrew Bowman
Notable
Notable

Post by Andrew Bowman » 04 May 2014, 22:41

I don't play the game so I honestly don't have any idea what you're talking about. However, if something is supposed to be time limited, it shouldn't be available for cash you know? It's like in BS, someone doesn't do an event and isn't able to get a high level weapon as a top prize. So they tell Tyler "hey I'll pay you x amount to get this weapon". My opinion, it's wrong for them to say okay. Just gotta wait till the next one like everyone else.

Arthur Lin
Familiar
Familiar

Post by Arthur Lin » 04 May 2014, 23:06

Andrew Bowman wrote:I don't play the game so I honestly don't have any idea what you're talking about. However, if something is supposed to be time limited, it shouldn't be available for cash you know? It's like in BS, someone doesn't do an event and isn't able to get a high level weapon as a top prize. So they tell Tyler "hey I'll pay you x amount to get this weapon". My opinion, it's wrong for them to say okay. Just gotta wait till the next one like everyone else.

The difference in BS things are quantity limited such as top 10, top 50 whatever, in this game the pieces in question are only time limited, and i was only able to get what i got, coz of intentional foul play like i explained earlier, which the devs deems reasonable, and still made me pay for it.... ^^

Robert Ekblad
Conspicuous
Conspicuous

Post by Robert Ekblad » 05 May 2014, 06:42

Master of Clan X wrote:

I have not claimed that PPH flamed british and that caused them to leave. I am largely unaware of what happened. But I do know who left and a bit in which order.

There was a lot of leadership issues when making and breaking treaties. Leaders were exchanged and trust broken on a daily basis, the old leadership who wouldn't take the drama and I assume their friends in game went to spain, which in turn made more people leave. So emigration happened gradually over a month. A new spainish guild was created for the english emigrants, and most of the emigrants ended up in it.

The new leadership started to make more conflicts now with spain and after not too long the whole map went spanish.

The reason for the emigration lies more in conflicts within england, and people probably leaving england because the wouldn't take or have time for the drama.

Most people play games for the fun aspect, not for the drama aspect and all accusations.

Arthur Lin
Familiar
Familiar

Post by Arthur Lin » 05 May 2014, 08:04

I didn't start the drama.... but it ended when I get my last word ^^
Attachments
#nomnomnomnom #eatyourbananas
#nomnomnomnom #eatyourbananas

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 05 May 2014, 09:08

Robert Ekblad wrote:I have not claimed that PPH flamed british and that caused them to leave.
I know. It was Michael Anthony who claimed PPH was the cause for them leaving.

Michael Anthony
Unfamiliar
Unfamiliar

Post by Michael Anthony » 06 May 2014, 03:48

As I recall it, Emmo ran for admiral several times and applied for warlord a lot of times too. Now I also heard from someone that PPH cried and ranted to his friend here in gamebatte who has an admin account in this server and presto he had all the admiral pieces and got em to +28. Now I don't know how true is this but he did get the items. But why the rush? We'll maybe coz he keeps bragging about owning the spanish and all (duh you own shit), and he was getting sunked a lot lately and his ego couldnt take it, or maybe he was just too lazy to do admiral duties.The brits say the spanish are cheaters, well look who cheated his way to the top. And now the game is broken and there's a lunatic running loose in this game and folks are starting to leave and move to another server. So much for a great game, all it took was a little guy with big issues and it ruined the fun for all.
I wonder how's the gold buying in the game lately?

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 06 May 2014, 04:00

Michael Anthony wrote: folks are starting to leave and move to another server.
That's awesome! Maybe the game will actually be balanced then.