How about some fair competition?

Epic Trolling / flame wars. The best of this forum distilled for your reading pleasure.
Robert Ekblad
Conspicuous
Conspicuous

How about some fair competition?

Post by Robert Ekblad » 01 May 2014, 23:15

There is this player who win everything he tries to win and other players have no chance whatsoever. He sinks all other high levels with 1 shot, or two at worst if he fires from a bad angle. He takes no damage from others.

He wins daily challenge, honor arena, tycoon every time he tries with ridiculous ease.

If a dozen captains tried to attack him in port siege, he would sink them all without having to catch his breathe. If he plays 10 minutes in honor arena, he would have acquired enough sinks to win. He tends to get around 180 sinks in 1800 seconds, or sinks 1 player every 10 seconds.

Then why does he win?

His ship is fully upgraded. Every cabin level is lvl 10.

Every sailor has 3.7 growth in their epic stats, that's at least 22 legendary sailors with maxed stats. ( 22 sailors x 15 special training guides x 2 stats = 660+ special training guides. Skill books and gift manuals unknown.)

He has all the three King's gift sets, even though they should take 24 weeks to acquire (max 1 per week, and the server has not had players with 10k prestige long enough for anyone to acquire them).

All of the pieces in them are upgraded to +28 to +30 bonus, so he gets the huge bonus from the fully upgraded sets, as well as the huge bonuses which is given by having so high upgrades on the items. (24 items to +28 bonuses requires thousands of lucky stones to make.)

This player posts every sink he makes to the world chat as an accomplishment. (Where the accomplishment is when having such super equipment totally beats me.)

This player has without a doubt been given some of these items from dev interaction. Since within the game it is not possible for the player to have acquired all the three King's sets.

What does players do when there is such "I-win-and-there-is-nothing-you-can-do-about-it" player in the game he scoops up all the top places every time in more or less every event that is in the game?

The worst thing is that he is right. There is nothing to do about it. At least not from my perspective. Ganging up doesn't work. Increasing my own power won't work for the game either. Two super players would be worse than one, and I'd be at least 20% less powerful than him anyway. It would take me at least 2 months to get even 1 King's set. Besides, the cost is too discouraging and I prefer to improve over time.

But what does the players do then?

They start to consider to leave and explore alternatives with a better atmosphere. Because the situation won't change within the foreseeable future because said player seems to be dev sponsored.

Be careful out there.

Arthur Lin
Familiar
Familiar

Re: How about some fair competition?

Post by Arthur Lin » 02 May 2014, 07:35

Hey bitch.... when making accusation make sure you get it right....

When do i have 3 King's sets.... if you can't prove this.... you need to STFU....

Arthur Lin
Familiar
Familiar

Post by Arthur Lin » 02 May 2014, 07:38

Also if you can't prove that i posted every single sink that i made...
You also need to STFU....

Oh wait you play on the Spanish side, being cheap and using multis and making mindless accusations is part of what you guys do over there.... ^^

CHEER~~~ please continue...

P.S. This complaint coming from a side who owns most of the ports in the SSS world

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 02 May 2014, 08:05

I agree. Should have the same number of players on each Faction.

Knucklescrapper
Unknown
Unknown

Post by Knucklescrapper » 03 May 2014, 09:05

Ok. so it was ok, when 3 to 4 months ago, Cook and his cronies roamed the seas hunting for English prizes? We didn't see your cry for fair competition then. When Cook posted his sinks in WC..you didn't cry then. Also, you were pretty silent when WAR took over all the ports in the game. Again, you were silent when the Spanish owned the Tycoon, Arena, and other things. It seems that since the Spanish are being goat stomped in every event...now you want the devs to step in help your failing cause? The
So do you want a lifetime box of Kleenex or Tampons to help with your butt hurt? Admit it.....you and your whining bitch Spanish friends have nothing to stop PPH. Not to mention, while PPH keeps you occupied, and whining, the rest of the English grow stronger. You all try, but fail in your vain attempts to bring down PPH. In the Area or the Tycoon...you all try so hard, but you fail so bad. You and your pathetic Spanish players will lose this fight, because they over estimated their own abilites
Give up your fruitless, vain war with the English and join them. I never thought I would see the little snatches of the Spanish cry...but it has come now. Surrender or leave, because there won't be any quarter given.
Just like the Spanish tried to do countless times in this game, you and your petty Spanish ilk tried to own this game.....but failed...maybe it should be an XBOX Mass Effect 2 game...where you can save at your bad decisions, and try again. Each time, you and your Spanish brethren fail. Maybe you all need to bring the Emmo Bot back...and maybe Tourfiuer too. Better yet, find a way to turn the game back 4 months.
It's funny...the Spanish, and the WAR Association, have all the ports and the relics too,but still whine like little bitches. WAHHHH we are losing arena....WAHHHAAAA we are losing Tycoon....WAHAAAA we thought we could beat the English...but have failed miserably.
Your attempts to get the dev involved only underscores how pathetic you, and your Spanish brethren are. None of you whined when the Spanish owned the seas, arena, tycoon, and other things. Now that you and your lot are being handed your ass, you want to cry for mercy to the devs. It's really pathetic and need some of you need to quit the game now, as none of you have any heart. The rest of you can join with English. You Spanish are getting your arse handed to you and you don't like it....WAHHHHHHHHAAAAA. STFU and take it.
Nobody cried on the Spanish side when everything was going their way 3-4 months ago. Now, because you ALL are being owned, you want to cry to mommy and daddy. The Spanish now have to put Navigation Tokens on EVEN in the MED, you want to cry. The world's smallest violin is playing your song. You Spanish can't handle the monster, PPH, that EVERY SINGLE SPANISH PLAYER, helped to create. Nor can you stop the English from growing stronger,and taking back the ports you have. STFU and bend over Just like you wanted the English to take it 3 to 4 months ago. Don't cry to mommy and daddy, when you get owned. Again....join the English or leave, because it will get worse, as more English get stronger.
Again, the cries for fair competition are funny, as when the Spanish owned and ruled the seas...there wasn't any problem. Now you little wankers can't handle someone else, the English, owning you, so you want to cry to the devs. Every single one of you Spanish is a spineless jellyfish, and you need to give up now.
I want to tell all the Spanish to STFU...but I really want to know...what's the address that we, the English can send you Vaseline, cause you all seem pretty butt hurt, or tampons?

Arthur Lin
Familiar
Familiar

Post by Arthur Lin » 03 May 2014, 10:35

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”

― Genghis Khan

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 03 May 2014, 10:53

Knucklescrapper wrote:The world's smallest violin is playing your song.
I LOL'ed at this. What is KFC's captain name in this game?
Attachments
sad violin.jpg
sad violin.jpg (43.75 KiB) Viewed 8013 times

Sorte Ulv
Unknown
Unknown

Post by Sorte Ulv » 03 May 2014, 11:44

LOL KFC

You forget that War was not at the top always owning ports - that dubious privilige was hold by the brits first - War then went to war collectively and turned the tables around as a collective group of players - not a single player like PPH :-)

Now then we still can kill brits captains and we do it daily and when we do it multiple times as PPH does brits cries out alound in world chat that we "cheat"

As for PPH devs confirmed that he got his gear because he was in the WEAKER position and therefore could get it - now then what will happen when War gets in the weaker position as the devs calls it - will War then also get the gear as rapidly as PPH got it?

We will see.

Michael Anthony
Unfamiliar
Unfamiliar

Post by Michael Anthony » 03 May 2014, 14:22

There used to be an equal number of players on both sides, but a lot of them migrated coz they couldn't stand PPH. As it is, I agree with Robert, a lot of players are leaving the game to switch to another server, and some of em are gold players too. Sure we are cheap, we dont spend much, after all its a game and not to be taken seriously, but PPH got issues and likes to verbally abuse us (blacklisting fails after a while and you need to refresh). Im sure the devs are aware about his "attitude" but they decide to give him an edge (he is the cash cow maybe) We played for fun and to relieve stress, but lately thats what we've been getting from this game. As it is I dont see this game to be fun anymore. Maybe its time I go with the rest of my mates to another server or play another game.

Good luck trying to keep the game alive!

Arthur Lin
Familiar
Familiar

Post by Arthur Lin » 03 May 2014, 22:03

I think a lot of them migrated coz they saw I was struggling to get 200 gold weekly bonus for the infamous pirate, and they had a huge surplus of Nav tokens and life boats, being the responsible players that they were, they decided to move to Spanish side so they have a chance to make sure nothing go to waste.

Also with goodness in their hearts those that moved had our best interest at heart, knowing there are only so many ships to be sunk during daily port siege, so they decided to crowd things over there, so there are more stuff to go around for us over here.

Let me give you an example, Church moved over so he can take up more Spanish time for admiral pieces, while he was gone, the devs gave me all the pieces that I would have gotten if he wasn't here ^^

~CHEERS~

Robert Ekblad
Conspicuous
Conspicuous

Post by Robert Ekblad » 03 May 2014, 22:10

So you don't have 3 sets? Well, one fully upgraded set is more than enough, and that I've seen.

The player is the only one that do post sinks to world chat at all. Everyone else very rarely post sinks to world chat except by mistake.

The only reason there might be fewer brits is that one of the bigger guilds in WAR is almost entirely made of of brit emigrants, these are all high level players. Should a country be compensated for losing so many players due to emigration?

Also, the brits lost in sieges earlier because too few of them showed or took part in any of the events. Should a country/guild/association receive boost due to lack of effort?

My own guild has had no relics the last 2 months due to from experience only 1 to 2 players would show up at the siege. Should the guild receive compensation for being so few ? Of course not. It would not even come into my mind to ask.

Lately, brits has been showing up in numbers in events. For a long time, they've been able to finish a port siege in about 15 minutes. Bliss had about 10 players in today's relic siege against less than a handful for the defending guild. They would surely have won without the super player, but how is having the super player in the team and being 10(?) to 4(?), fair?

The reason the brits were weak 2 to 3 months ago was due to internal fighting, emigration and acts of omission, i.e. the brit players did simply not take the time to take part in the events. This is not something they should have been compensated for, because it was acts of omission and not trying.

I have not seen a brit emigrant who said they moved over so you could get the 200 gold per week. They moved over due to disagreements with leadership or because their friends moved over. It is by the way almost impossible for a spanish to get that 200 gold some months ago. The british ports were empty hour after hour. I could sail he NS sea area for 2 to 3 hours seeing only 2 to 5 brits during that time.

My complaint was that a sponsored player is using his powers to take the 1st place in most events. Denying brits and spanish alike any chance to attain 1st place when he takes part.

As someone mentioned, many spanish players are already trying out other servers due to the poor mood and unfair competition on the server.

And no I don't make any demand.

I am only saying that the game is not fun any more .... and if nothing changes within some space of time then I will probably quit it.

Arthur Lin
Familiar
Familiar

Post by Arthur Lin » 03 May 2014, 23:32

Its fun for me....

and the fun comes from beating you guys down and letting the rest of you know who did it and when.... if is no fun for you and there are other servers available.... cheers good luck ^^

did you mention having more players and having more coins generated from them with no in game mechanic to balance is unfair also????

did you say it was unfair when Emmo was out spending the English and doing what I'm doing now back then? Did you also note it was cook that first started posting every English sink he made for great length of time.

So don't be angry when your bad behavior as a group is continued and dish back to you ^^

Arthur Lin
Familiar
Familiar

Post by Arthur Lin » 04 May 2014, 01:00

Robert Ekblad wrote:but how is having the super player in the team and being 10(?) to 4(?), fair?
This me try to read this right....super player.....

Well i know for a fact that we didn't have any "super" players here and is not like any of us had an extra dick or whatever....

But our player did spot something unusual from your side, that we could deem as being "super" after redbeard can't get out from the spawning point after 2 tries, he left to find another exit, pussy like action from a fake hindu christian guy.... thats a pussy and then some.

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 04 May 2014, 06:25

Sorte Ulv wrote: You forget that War was not at the top always owning ports
Can't forget something I never knew. I don't play this game. Only SO. Just FYI.

Robert Ekblad
Conspicuous
Conspicuous

Post by Robert Ekblad » 04 May 2014, 08:06

You have made it clear that it is fun for you. That is part of the problem. The gloating.

Unless you can prove that Emmo's equipment was given to him by devs, and was unattainable through normal game play, he only acted within the confines of the game. You are not acting within the confines of normal game play.

If you had been a BS player you would be given exclusive gear so you could do 5M damage per run on fort with 1M HP on ship, and you would be allowed to attack and defend against any player of any level. The argument for getting the boost would be that 10 of the players in the clan left for another clan. That is how overpowered your SSS ship is.

There is noone stopping spanish players from staying in the safe zone in London /Brugge /Amsterdam and try to shoot down all that comes and goes as they do so, but is anyone doing that?

You however spend hours each day blocking entrance to the mediterranean and the route southwards to africa with your one-shot-kill gear. Then gloat frequently on the world chat when you've sunk someone.

People probably stay in game for the moment because spain owns all the ports. Because that way we can deny you something.

So while you no doubt want the brits to own ports again, it may be the end of the game if they ever do.