-= J Sparr0w =-

Epic Trolling / flame wars. The best of this forum distilled for your reading pleasure.
Arthur Lin
Familiar
Familiar

Re: -= J Sparr0w =-

Post by Arthur Lin » 19 Mar 2014, 04:31

In the meantime.... don't stop playing and definitely don't stop paying just coz the owner thinks nothing of you and your kids.... doesn't mean he won't accept your payments

~~ CHEERS ~~
happy hunting....

Stormqueen
Low profile
Low profile

Post by Stormqueen » 19 Mar 2014, 05:20

I, for one, do not consider being called cheap an insult. But I'll allow that some of us are richer than others of us. I actually haven't bought any gold in this game, at least not yet, and I am not a member of either of the major factions.

It is a property of games such as this that they cater to a range of players at different levels of advancement. You can buy victory or you can earn it, and you can advance quickly or slowly. Good decisions with a little gold may be competitive with poor decisions and considerably more gold. Relationships with other players may significantly improve one's chances, as is also true of a high level of game activity. From the outside, it appears that the benefits of joining either of the two major associations (war or oke) can be staggering, but it may also come at some cost.

I'll allow that the forums and world chat give the players an opportunity to express themselves. The community standards here are somewhat lower than what one might find in church, or perhaps a government office or a (physical) commercial establishment of a major chain in the US. At least in the image they present to the outside world. Online behavior is not necessarily consistent with how the same people might behave in such places, in part out of respect for the physical location, and because the veil is gone, and because it is where you live rather than some fantasy location in cyberspace.

I played no (known) role in J Sparrow's demise, but I do note a few names that give pause. A crew member and an association name in particular.

For any commercial organization, customers are the lifeblood of the business. A few may need to be chased away for the benefit of the others, but if you chase away too many you are out of business. Your customers are your business and if you don't like it, you may be in the wrong business. It would be good to recognize this when criticizing LL and the game developers.

Arthur Lin
Familiar
Familiar

Post by Arthur Lin » 30 May 2014, 09:30

round 2 bitch.... couldn't take a hint the first time ^^

enjoy this one too

P.S. my pleasure