Hate the repair

Sky Ocean is an alternative version of Battle Stations with fairly different game settings.
hon
Prominent
Prominent

Re: Hate the repair

Post by hon » 06 Jul 2013, 05:39

- base fort HP value
- bonus HP for salvaging vs stronger clans

Abe Lincoln
Low profile
Low profile

Post by Abe Lincoln » 06 Jul 2013, 05:45

Master of Clan X wrote:
phantom007 wrote:now energy cap has been extended this not so much a problem anymore
I have to agree that with the big boost to the energy cap, players have a lot more firepower and thus fort HPs would need to go up. Question is if it should be done via:

- repairs
- base fort HP value
- bonus HP for salvaging vs stronger clans
- fort upgrades <- probably not
My take on each of these:

Repairs:
- heavily benefits clans with more firepower.
- a great idea once clans are more balanced or tiers are introduced.
- the difficulty is repairs add more HP to a clan without modifying the BASE HP of the fort, so things like bonus HP % and damage reduction don't consider repair quantity

Base fort HP value
- benefits wealthier clans.
- much more reasonable than repairs, and won't unbalance too much as long as the bonus HP ratios are correctly calibrated.

Bonus HP value
- benefits clans who salvage into a stronger clan
- changing the max bonus % will only affect the speed of wars between 2 differently ranked clans. Two clans of similar rank will not be affected by raising this
- if we change the SCALING of the bonus HP back, however, more wars will fit the category of "differently ranked" and those will be extended
- the down side is even increasing both of these things doesn't do much to increase how long a war lasts

Fort upgrades (I think you mean making forts sink more attackers?)
- benefits richer clans (typically stronger clans)
- only "balanced" thing I can think of is adjusting the cooldown of the superweapon to account for the attack cooldown being decreased

More drastic damage reduction
- benefits everyone equally if numbers are tweaked correctly
- people don't like seeing low damage numbers because high damage numbers feel better

Personally, I think the bonus HP scaling, max bonus HP, and base HP should all be slightly increased. In addition, toning the damage down a bit more will also make a difference, but I understand why people are less likely to support that change too. If just a few of these changes are put in place, they might need to be more drastic changes than just tweaks, because all of them at once will be a deceptively strong change while one or two isn't going to be noticeable at a small scale.

I also like moving the superweapon, so I would like to reduce the cooldown too. But that's personal preference, not related as much to game balance.

hon
Prominent
Prominent

Post by hon » 06 Jul 2013, 06:17

Actually me prefer abolish clan in SO. 2-4 fort go up hourly and automatic assign player who have sign-up according to lvl for distribute power, then fight. All the complicated gone :P

phantom007
Obscure
Obscure

Post by phantom007 » 06 Jul 2013, 11:31

i believe that fort repairs for the moment in time are useful for only stronger clan in SO and as energy cap has now been increased and clans seemed to be able to take anyone down with the right strategy for example yesterday wartime rezzed against tvvat and we could of won but held back to get extra token and full hp which is a sign that even the smaller clan like aegisso, flamberge etc... now have more opportunity to rez and actually get a sink and use up ap the only question now that comes into contact is that fort hp is now to small, because as clan are now more evenly spread around the board because of updates such as energy cap and disable of fort repair etc... this means the base hp could be increased back to the normal value e.g max a fort out to 7-8 mil at top, this therefore still doesn't differ any update that have previously been put into effect it would just extend the amount of time at war as to be honest both SO and BS quote that clan wars are the best part of the game and for example would help to even clan out further e.g if wartime is left with 500k hp and agimat /nerd rez there is a massive likelihood that they would sink wartime with only taking a small amount of damage as long as fort repairs stay disable and leaving the with between 5-6 mil of fort hp to use which is enough for them to get a few more sink if they are well organized.

so my view is now the other updates are now in effect for hp could increase without have an effect on the current balance of clan's in SO

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 06 Jul 2013, 13:14

Abe Lincoln wrote: Base fort HP value
- benefits wealthier clans.
- much more reasonable than repairs, and won't unbalance too much as long as the bonus HP ratios are correctly calibrated.
I meant the HP of the fort at level 0.

hon
Prominent
Prominent

Post by hon » 06 Jul 2013, 13:18

HP maybe can + little bit but not by alot due to have so many token the AP cap increase but still finish fastly

phantom007
Obscure
Obscure

Post by phantom007 » 06 Jul 2013, 13:35

so what would be reasonable increase as of course originally SO clan had 12mil which is to much for this moment in time where as a max of 4mil is to little

hon
Prominent
Prominent

Post by hon » 06 Jul 2013, 13:57

No sure need to see all the log and see all the clan how much avg dmg per volley and how much AP expect available if the player no AP bank, then doing some math :D