Where Did BS Went Wrong ??

Mostly un-moderated and contains offensive material. This is the place for MAXIMUM TROLLING!! You have been warned. Don't ask for "add me" or help with quests or clicks; you will get banned. Clans can post recruitment posts here.
Abhishek Goyal
Familiar
Familiar

Where Did BS Went Wrong ??

Post by Abhishek Goyal » 02 Nov 2015, 15:20

Every one knows BS is now a zombie game with only one clan playing actively and others zombie roaming around . It Was a great game but it went horribly wrong in some ways or was it just life time of game as after some time every game goes down and fades away ? Just for fun and Because meh too bored like to know where you think BS went wrong and game faces this dawn !

Trolls , hippies and Insults invited .

hon
Prominent
Prominent

Re: Where Did BS Went Wrong ??

Post by hon » 02 Nov 2015, 15:39

U mean when #1 clan can sunk 3 other top 10 clan & still have hp left? :D

And even tho so strong, still need to blackmail small clan to control the politic?

Life like that, same like BS. All bcoz of ppl attitude.

payne
Familiar
Familiar

Post by payne » 16 Nov 2015, 08:07

i think after developer disbanded K.F.C., thats where it start going wrong... :(

Quentin Joubert
Conspicuous
Conspicuous

Post by Quentin Joubert » 17 Nov 2015, 16:46

Clan merging facilitated OP'ed clans in a very short space of time instead of ,like most clans, starting from scratch and work your way to number 1

Abdullah Mohammed
Unfamiliar
Unfamiliar

Post by Abdullah Mohammed » 18 Nov 2015, 00:59

Leonard Lin's worship of the false god Mammon has blinded him from the righteous path. But he has built his house on sand, and soon all shall collapse beneath his feet. He takes away the once free in-game chat and now expects people to pay ocho to even talk to each other, but what you won't hear him talking about is his little game Mafia Empire...look upon the works of the great game guru Leonard Lin, ye mighty, and tremble!

Abhishek Goyal
Familiar
Familiar

Post by Abhishek Goyal » 24 Nov 2015, 05:58

I feel what killed it most was this sinks formula and this power clans !

What War Points made sure was there was concept of well managed clans ! but now its only about creating multies ocho whorring keeping few level 250+ in clan and enjoying sinks , the whole fun of well managed and other things is over , Clan Power and War Points abolition made clan merges and just creating power clans rather than well managed clans.

hss
Familiar
Familiar

Post by hss » 03 Dec 2015, 14:50

The game tried to simplify itself way too much.
No revenge attack, no player snipping, removed weekly events like fog of war etc.
They started the new story line which was pretty cool but they never actually completed it. WHEN IS AREOS 3.0 COMING (WITH STORY)? :P
Also, they tried to copy the game as "Sky Ocean".

And let's face it, every game has a life period and it clearly lived a very long-long life.

simon mac
Unknown
Unknown

Post by simon mac » 06 Jan 2016, 11:30

It went wrong when Tylers stopped enforcing their own rules and permitted cheating. If you report a cheat now the devs just close the ticket

ChrisComben
Low profile
Low profile

Post by ChrisComben » 11 Jan 2016, 14:11

Its not only to do with clan war, BS3 was a mixed update, it improved many areas but others notably PvP got worse. (you can switch to BS2 but new players are unlikely to know that)

Tyler also made attempts to address things that confused or annoyed newbies but at the same time combat got much more complex with skills, slowdowns and speed ups.

I think the main issue is just old age.

wilfred316
Notable
Notable

Post by wilfred316 » 12 Jan 2016, 14:13

Ill just leave this here for where did BS went wrong...
http://giphy.com/gifs/technology-kim-jo ... tz31PRRdrW

tamba
Unknown
Unknown

Post by tamba » 01 Feb 2016, 10:57

Personally i will say that Tyler failed to anticipate the changing in many aspects of the game. For example, many people play games using android (aka their gadget). Tyler provided the mobile version of BS but didn't provide enough effort to make it at least as inviting as the desktop version. The mobile version lags a lot (probably the network i am using is responsible for this as well), there's no facility to change ship and access the second captain for dual class captains, and the inability to salvage fort when you're admiral/CM. Simply speaking, the mobile version is just used as 'temporary' platform for playing the game, the main platform is still in desktop version.
Another thing related to the term 'failed to anticipate thing' is that Tyler didn't focus on how to keep the game evolving. I remember another game my wife played in desktop back in 2011 called castleville. It was released as FB game after BS and my wife wasn't really into it. But it is evolving. providing better gui, tranformed itself as one of android's game, and now she plays it everyday, as fanatic as i am playing BS. When did Tyler provide the latest update of BS? probably 2 years ago. Any differences? not much.. How will Tyler expect people to stay? One ocho every 5 days won't do much.
So i guess unless something a bit drastic is done, BS will go down in history as just one of the games that eventually fail to catch up with the demand of its loyal players. I've been playing BS since 2009. Don't have any plans to quit playing anytime soon, but probably soon i'll be the last one playing, and the prospect is.. alarming.

aikhaw85
Obscure
Obscure

Post by aikhaw85 » 02 Feb 2016, 07:23

For me, it will be the pace of the game is too slow.
By using daily AP for war, you get about 4-5% EXP per day, which, you will only level up after 20-30 days.
Every 5 levels then you get to have new toys aka weapons / parts / etc, which means you only get to try new stuffs every 4-5 months.
Of course you can ocho and gain a new level everyday, but let's face it, how many new weapons / parts / etc after level 230?

hon
Prominent
Prominent

Post by hon » 02 Feb 2016, 09:27

Wonder if dev even care our feedback. Long time now no new item, always only the outfit. Meanwhile until now still have item in wiki not available in game:

Air Curtain
★★★★★★ 215 700 5,000 0 5 450 - Ember Item
Equilibrium
★★★★★★★★ 250 1,000 0 0 0 1,000 - Coming soon

Weapon not so bad, but part really lacking.
Figurehead stop at lvl 230
Sail stop at lvl 225
Stabilizer stop at lvl 210
Hull stop at lvl 230 but if u wanted speed hull, continue use the lvl 170 or lvl 195 hull

Suppose to reduce member limit gradually but it happen so slowly until now still the top clan overly powerful.

wilfred316
Notable
Notable

Post by wilfred316 » 02 Feb 2016, 15:21

New Weapons/ Parts needed to sustain the game. I also see event this month with nothing new, last event we did have a new Item "Christmas Sail" :v so..... whats the surprise in this months event? XD

Abdullah Mohammed
Unfamiliar
Unfamiliar

Post by Abdullah Mohammed » 09 Feb 2016, 05:06

wilfred316 wrote:last event we did have a new Item "Christmas Sail"

You are an ignoramus, Wilf.