When is this game coming on a Smartphone???

Mostly un-moderated and contains offensive material. This is the place for MAXIMUM TROLLING!! You have been warned. Don't ask for "add me" or help with quests or clicks; you will get banned. Clans can post recruitment posts here.
Jagger Jack
Obscure
Obscure

When is this game coming on a Smartphone???

Post by Jagger Jack » 17 May 2015, 15:05

Well I have been gone for a while and the game looks pretty much the same...which is a complete downer btw even if it makes complete sense...BS is on its last straws, literally! New players are not coming in and the old ones are retiring one after another...I once had a discussion with LL that the game should move on to other mediums...Facebook is not interested in supporting games any more and people are increasingly engaging via other social platforms...I understand that Tyler might not be that well off financially to order a new version but this is not just about the game! The company made one good game, and it needs to capitalize on it (be it a cash cow or fading star) to secure its own survival! Apps like Tango now support games, and I am sure that Tyler has amicable ties with Gamenami (which just designed a game for android "Battle Galaxy")! Why not take advantage of the team already in place and work on making BattleStations mobile!???

I'm like 200% sure that the system will be close if not identical to BS. But, this must not happen without due consideration! Today, a majority of popular RPGs rely on simple game mechanics (especially for smartphones/tablets/phablets) where as BS is an extremely complex MMORPG. In order to port successfully BS has to think on a redesign! I am sure most of you guys here have had a chance to play CSR Racing, while not really an MMORPG, its close! And the reason for its success is simple, simple mechanics, loot, crafting, and motivation to unlock and win special upgrades. Its in-game menu is clean and non-cluttery, relies on bigger button and menu scroll...anyways the thing is that BS can definitely draw from it (along with many other games).

BattleStation already has a steady fanbase so why not move when you have the chance. It is getting late every second, and I really think that BS has not received the exposure that it needs to be a complete success. The devs need to think about simplifying the game play, focus on the popular elements, stay away from distractions (island base/ember wars)!?? And perhaps even combine two elements (battle/skirmish) to ease in new players. I really think that there is potential in this game, and while you may ruffle a few feathers, they will all come around (as they have previously as well).

Oh and in closing, do not leave out your best (engagement) elements, i.e. craftables viewtopic.php?f=14&t=15938

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Re: When is this game coming on a Smartphone???

Post by Master of Clan X » 19 May 2015, 03:25

Jagger Jack wrote:Apps like Tango now support games,

I know the Tango guys. Will send them Battle Galaxy when ready.

Rainbow King
Well known
Well known

Post by Rainbow King » 23 May 2015, 17:55

+1 to this whole damn post

was thinking the same damn thing when I joined Juggz a lil over a month ago.

I seriously spend hardly ANY time on my computer outside of work anymore.

Worst comes to worst. Just build an app focusing on War Console requiring them to log in then can war.

Gary Paul
Well known
Well known
Location: Hotrodding around Cambodia with all the Ultimate Levellers.

Post by Gary Paul » 24 May 2015, 11:15

Here Here! If I can play Snake on my brand new Nokia 3210, why can I not play Battle Stations on it?

They need to get with it! Kids like us are the now generation! We have our pop music, walkmans, ghetto blasters and those guys? They are just sitting there trying to play catch up.

Get with it, Gamebatte.

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 25 May 2015, 14:52

Jagger Jack wrote:I'm like 200% sure that the system will be close if not identical to BS. But, this must not happen without due consideration!

Today, a majority of popular RPGs rely on simple game mechanics (especially for smartphones/tablets/phablets) where as BS is an extremely complex MMORPG. In order to port successfully BS has to think on a redesign

So basically it'll be a completely new game but with airship battles right?

Samuel Chiou
Familiar
Familiar

Post by Samuel Chiou » 26 May 2015, 22:48

BS an extremely complex MMORPG...?

What the blazes? This game is incredibly simple, and if anything has been dumbed down over the years. When is this game getting sorted out on PC is what you should be asking! I've said it before and I shall say it again:

Revert ports back from being homogeneous characterless eyesores. First it was all the ships in the same port, now it's level based ports. What utter nonsense. Cast your mind back to when the ports were all different and the stuff they sold was themed, Aeros sold the high tech stuff, Al Amraan the sturdy rough and ready stuff, Imperial the overpriced stuff for posers, Corxas the missiles that all suck anyway after they got nerfed, etc. People would travel through the game, without blatantly artificial rules saying this or that. It was immersive. We looked up stuff on CCCs guide and discussed it in the Tavern before planning our shopping routes.

The player interaction makes this game. It used to be you could actually have a vendetta against someone. Hunt them down by their profile revealing their location. Sink them to hell and back. If they change ports, you can follow them. You could clear ports (full of REAL people) together as a clan. Change your win message to target a certain person and sink them. That was priceless, that was what made this game GOLD. You needed to get people you actually knew together to form a clan, get them all in a Facebook group first, not just make one and hope enough odds and sods would join before the member count check. There was a tavern chat full of people. It was awesome. Now, no one can snipe any more - Ancient Battlegrounds is redundant as protection is not removed on attacking in war. No one can even FISH any more, as repairing to 100% is automatic! So is one salvage every day - get rid of mandatory autosalvage and give back POWER to the CLAN MASTERS who deserve it!

Why the hell do you want to get rid of the soul of the game? Why?

Almost every update you have made has served to diminish player interaction. People used to have fun buying famous people's weapons on the auction market, now it's a user unfriendly mess. You no longer get precise information about auction times, you can't buy and sell common items, you can't see who the highest bidder or seller is. TYLER, whoever told you less is more needs to be given short shrift! You don't even sell pie launchers on April 1st or give out presents on Christmas any more! The events nowadays are nothing but massive AP drains to coax money from the tryhard players, high level stuff CANNOT be won by people who don't buy AP (or equivalent), think back to the days of REAL monster events! Where we would sit in the Tavern Chat looking up the latest replays by changing the URL to see what HP it was on to try and snipe it! When the reward would be a unique weapon or part! Bring back the Tavern Chat, and stop trying to con players out of their money with the silly "global chat" and the utterly pointless waste of time that is buying drinks in the Tavern for morale (more and skills need to be sorted out too)! Don't you have any pride in your work? The "VIP rewards" for buying ocho are fucking criminal, even vaguely implying that anyone should pay THOUSANDS OF POUNDS for a FACEBOOK FLASH GAME is WRONG.

Oh and bring back the cartoon art! The current art is boring and characterless. Back in 2008 you had absolutely fantastic art, the character portraits looked like Quentin Blake drawings, the ships were bright and colourful (by the way, I looked around for pictures of the old Aegis and Trident, you know the flying coffins, but I couldn't find any - can anyone help?), now look at them! Now look at the game! It's dark, drab and dingy! Half the parts equipped on a ship don't do anything but put a tiny little scribble in a circle! How COULD you think that is better than the lovely old giant sails and stabilisers and figureheads, the art that gave LIFE to SIOS? Well done on adding engine graphics after all those years, but it's no good if you had to take away cannon barrel graphics to do it! Bring back flashing light Yamatos! Bring back Battle Stations (BS)! Get rid of Skirmish and just have ember as a PvP reward! Bring back real PvP and there's no need for some tarted up clan version (all clans worth their salt did their own clan PvP anyway, like when G0ATz fought the CDS...).

Get rid of Gunship and Icebreaker - those two ships have put THREE of your other ships OUT OF BUSINESS! It's madness! They are no-lose blatant OPed ships, why would anyone fly a Katana or a Goliath or a Murakamo DX/Caramusal/Endeavour now? It's mindless and wrong! Stop handing out Black Cannons and Chainsaw Blades, it's completely insane to have them flying around everywhere at low levels; Chainsaw Blades were a special event only weapon for a damn good reason! IT BREAKS THE GAME! You've done all sorts of mischief, now please undo it and bring the game back to health. You know it makes sense. And FFS leave the level cap at 300...anyway, I've probably forgotten a few things I ought to have said here, but I'll say them if and when they come to mind.

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 27 May 2015, 03:31

Samuel Chiou wrote:BS an extremely complex MMORPG...?

That post was more complex than BS.

Bishop
Conspicuous
Conspicuous

Post by Bishop » 28 May 2015, 06:46

Fck these clownz! JOIN GOATZ, BITCHIZ!

Samuel Chiou
Familiar
Familiar

Post by Samuel Chiou » 05 Jun 2015, 21:56

Master of Clan X wrote:

That post was more complex than BS.

Got any pics of original Aegis/Trident? You know, black Aegis, sandy beige Trident, the long rectangle jobbies?

Dickieflashman
Notable
Notable

Post by Dickieflashman » 07 Jun 2015, 14:46

What the blazes? This game is incredibly simple, and if anything has been dumbed down over the years. When is this game getting sorted out on PC is what you should be asking! I've said it before and I shall say it again:

Revert ports back from being homogeneous characterless eyesores. First it was all the ships in the same port, now it's level based ports. What utter nonsense. Cast your mind back to when the ports were all different and the stuff they sold was themed, Aeros sold the high tech stuff, Al Amraan the sturdy rough and ready stuff, Imperial the overpriced stuff for posers, Corxas the missiles that all suck anyway after they got nerfed, etc. People would travel through the game, without blatantly artificial rules saying this or that. It was immersive. We looked up stuff on CCCs guide and discussed it in the Tavern before planning our shopping routes.

The player interaction makes this game. It used to be you could actually have a vendetta against someone. Hunt them down by their profile revealing their location. Sink them to hell and back. If they change ports, you can follow them. You could clear ports (full of REAL people) together as a clan. Change your win message to target a certain person and sink them. That was priceless, that was what made this game GOLD. You needed to get people you actually knew together to form a clan, get them all in a Facebook group first, not just make one and hope enough odds and sods would join before the member count check. There was a tavern chat full of people. It was awesome. Now, no one can snipe any more - Ancient Battlegrounds is redundant as protection is not removed on attacking in war. No one can even FISH any more, as repairing to 100% is automatic! So is one salvage every day - get rid of mandatory autosalvage and give back POWER to the CLAN MASTERS who deserve it!

Almost every update you have made has served to diminish player interaction. People used to have fun buying famous people's weapons on the auction market, now it's a user unfriendly mess. You no longer get precise information about auction times, you can't buy and sell common items, you can't see who the highest bidder or seller is. TYLER, whoever told you less is more needs to be given short shrift! You don't even sell pie launchers on April 1st or give out presents on Christmas any more! The events nowadays are nothing but massive AP drains to coax money from the tryhard players, high level stuff CANNOT be won by people who don't buy AP (or equivalent), think back to the days of REAL monster events! Where we would sit in the Tavern Chat looking up the latest replays by changing the URL to see what HP it was on to try and snipe it! When the reward would be a unique weapon or part! Bring back the Tavern Chat, and stop trying to con players out of their money with the silly "global chat" and the utterly pointless waste of time that is buying drinks in the Tavern for morale (more and skills need to be sorted out too)! Don't you have any pride in your work? The "VIP rewards" for buying ocho are fucking criminal, even vaguely implying that anyone should pay THOUSANDS OF POUNDS for a FACEBOOK FLASH GAME is WRONG.

Oh and bring back the cartoon art! The current art is boring and characterless. Back in 2008 you had absolutely fantastic art, the character portraits looked like Quentin Blake drawings, the ships were bright and colourful (by the way, I looked around for pictures of the old Aegis and Trident, you know the flying coffins, but I couldn't find any - can anyone help?), now look at them! Now look at the game! It's dark, drab and dingy! Half the parts equipped on a ship don't do anything but put a tiny little scribble in a circle! How COULD you think that is better than the lovely old giant sails and stabilisers and figureheads, the art that gave LIFE to SIOS? Well done on adding engine graphics after all those years, but it's no good if you had to take away cannon barrel graphics to do it! Bring back flashing light Yamatos! Bring back Battle Stations (BS)! Get rid of Skirmish and just have ember as a PvP reward! Bring back real PvP and there's no need for some tarted up clan version (all clans worth their salt did their own clan PvP anyway, like when G0ATz fought the CDS...).

Get rid of Gunship and Icebreaker - those two ships have put THREE of your other ships OUT OF BUSINESS! It's madness! They are no-lose blatant OPed ships, why would anyone fly a Katana or a Goliath or a Murakamo DX/Caramusal/Endeavour now? It's mindless and wrong! Stop handing out Black Cannons and Chainsaw Blades, it's completely insane to have them flying around everywhere at low levels; Chainsaw Blades were a special event only weapon for a damn good reason! IT BREAKS THE GAME! You've done all sorts of mischief, now please undo it and bring the game back to health. You know it makes sense. And FFS leave the level cap at 300...anyway, I've probably forgotten a few things I ought to have said here, but I'll say them if and when they come to mind.

Nailed it!

hss
Familiar
Familiar

Post by hss » 21 Jun 2015, 18:28

All the good reasons to port this to mobile and still I am pretty sure that nothing will happen..........reason is plain and simple, MONEY........Expected profit/Total risk is too low for porting this game to mobile platform.......There are more than enough games on mobile platform, every day a couple of new android/iOS developers write new code(game) and launches it. Even if tyler puts money on this game and release the mobile version, chances of this game getting lost in sea of games is pretty high.

Even if the game manages to shine out from other games, chances of making good money and getting back the investment is very low.
I categorise money spending players in 3 category -
1. Who will spend money, no matter what...........People in these category still spend money on this game, so porting this game to mobile won't result in any extra money flow from this category.
2. Who occasionally spent money..........People in this category might spent a couple thousand at max to try out new mobile version.......so little profit from here.
3. New potential/players.........IF they join, some of them will spent money for couple of month but soon they will realise that if they want to catch up to the top guys, they will have to spent hell lot of money, and will most likely leave the game. (and btw new players won't stand a chance against dual captains because of those oped items from event)

BUT yeah it would be good (if possible) to see this game on mobile.........I am kind of getting tired from Clash Of Clans.

Samuel Chiou
Familiar
Familiar

Post by Samuel Chiou » 22 Jun 2015, 22:15

hss wrote:2. Who occasionally spent money..........People in this category might spent a couple thousand at max to try out new mobile version.......so little profit from here.

A couple thousand what? Pennies? If you're talking about anything else, you're absolutely barmy!

Oh, and there already is a mobile version of BS (at least for clan war), or did they do away with it?

Jagger Jack
Obscure
Obscure

Post by Jagger Jack » 17 Jul 2015, 06:21

Some Nostalgia there but the question is will you really still be playing this game if it didnt keep refreshing its content? No matter what you think or say, BS has built such a strong user base because it kept people involved through new content. However the once innovative web-based game looks more dated than Warbook.

You are though 100% right about the essence of the game! Its all about player interaction! And while things may have changed in game, the communities this game has built are still strong! So BS has that going its way. From what I see and what I know the only way to survive is to keep the user hooked, evolve with them, be it on different platforms or different engagement experience. We are alot more exposed to content than any of us were when we started playing this game in 2006. And games today are not successful because they do not change or retain there core players/user, they are successful because they standardize themselves, they make it easier for the new user, they are thinking next customer rather than one who has already bought it!

You cant stop playing because you have invested too much in the game and now when you are finally getting tired what you need is something new not the "nostalgia fix" that you think you need. Innovation is the only way.

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 22 Jul 2015, 03:34

Jagger Jack wrote:Its all about player interaction! And while things may have changed in game, the communities this game has built are still strong! So BS has that going its way. From what I see and what I know the only way to survive is to keep the user hooked, evolve with them, be it on different platforms or different engagement experience. We are alot more exposed to content than any of us were when we started playing this game in 2006.

i.e. make a good clan system for mobile.

Jagger Jack wrote:And games today are not successful because they do not change or retain there core players/user, they are successful because they standardize themselves, they make it easier for the new user, they are thinking next customer rather than one who has already bought it!

^ quite true.

Samuel Chiou
Familiar
Familiar

Post by Samuel Chiou » 22 Jul 2015, 19:10

Jagger Jack wrote:Some Nostalgia there but the question is will you really still be playing this game if it didnt keep refreshing its content? No matter what you think or say, BS has built such a strong user base because it kept people involved through new content. However the once innovative web-based game looks more dated than Warbook.

You are though 100% right about the essence of the game! Its all about player interaction! And while things may have changed in game, the communities this game has built are still strong! So BS has that going its way. From what I see and what I know the only way to survive is to keep the user hooked, evolve with them, be it on different platforms or different engagement experience. We are alot more exposed to content than any of us were when we started playing this game in 2006. And games today are not successful because they do not change or retain there core players/user, they are successful because they standardize themselves, they make it easier for the new user, they are thinking next customer rather than one who has already bought it!

You cant stop playing because you have invested too much in the game and now when you are finally getting tired what you need is something new not the "nostalgia fix" that you think you need. Innovation is the only way.

You're talking out of your arse. This game used to have a vibrant discussion board (then Facebook did the unthinkable), but this board was NEVER as good as the Facebook one (unfortunate, and perhaps unavoidable).

However, just look at this board now! It's all but dead. Just look at the Tavern Chat now! Oh wait, it has been REMOVED for YEARS! Now yes, Meebo shut down, but I remember there was an IRC Tavern Chat put in its stead for a short while (which was then removed without fanfare). Now, to "chat" with other players in the game, you have to pay ocho! MADNESS! Whoever came up with that idea, whoever put it into the game, if I ever found them I'd nut them into next week! It's shameful moneygrubbing in exchange for an INFERIOR FEATURE! Just like what can be found in the so-called "Tavern" now, an exercise in pointless clicking just so your skills work, or of course you can pay ocho every so often for that "privilege" (never MIND the VILE gold/platinum/whatever system that encourages players with a straight face to spend THOUSANDS OF POUNDS on this game). Oh and sometimes the drinks in the Tavern give you 30 morale for the same price, and sometimes 40 - I have no idea why, because the developers no longer communicate with the players as they should and did (when's the last time Ty or Leonard (who claims he has nothing to do with this game and couldn't even give me the name of his successor, yet can always find time to pop back on here to flap his gums) posted constructively). This game used to have a player ran wiki that anyone could edit (and that players liaised with the developers to maintain), captains and clans had their own wiki pages, now the "wiki" is not editable by the players and is little more than an automatic (drab and bland, as everything else in BS now is) generation of the part, weapon, and ship stats in the game.

Don't you DARE talk to me about nostalgia, about innovation, when I can, and have, shown you how the developers of this game have made it WORSE, have REMOVED from the game instead of adding to it, have COPIED (insipid "microtransaction" style shite) the worst aspects of low quality money grab games of the day, and now are trying to go onto mobile and dumb the game down further (because that's where the money is). For shame! Cry foul! And oh, oh how I pity anyone who did not play this game when it was good, who cannot remember how much better things could be, who looks at BS now and thinks this is Battle Stations...who never played the bright and cheerful game with a buzzing forum and Tavern Chat, before the rot set in and the "donate" button was replaced with under the table weapon selling that flouted the supposed limits and (or so I heard) conned the money out of some poor sap that was meant to send him to college. I guarantee you that the accounts of captains who paid THOUSANDS OF POUNDS all in exchange for a level that now seems piddling, litter the level rankings of Sios so low that they aren't even visible. But you, you who prattle about "content" and are indeed all too content, who truly have no idea how much those who are now in charge of this game have RAPED it and SPAT IN THE FACES of the players who they milked for money in outrageous amounts and in return gave them a steadily shoddier and shoddier product...how event only items became ubiquitously used by any jackanape who would pony up the cash in order to shaft the average player, and events started rewarding players with "treasure chests" (no doubt an "innovation" stolen from the gambling games that know you can milk a sucker for far more money if he is only buying a chance to get what he wants instead of what he wants)...the renaming of everything and pointless changing of the art style from bright and colourful to utterly boring.

What communities are still strong here? Do you see them? I see a steadily dwindling few people like me worshipping a ghost of the past, a cavalcade of multis, cheaters, and ne'er-do-wells (who are quite safe from their comeuppance), and the usual few saps who think the game as it is is "the best of all possible Battle Stations" a la that prick in Candide!