Weekend wars

Mostly un-moderated and contains offensive material. This is the place for MAXIMUM TROLLING!! You have been warned. Don't ask for "add me" or help with quests or clicks; you will get banned. Clans can post recruitment posts here.
Quentin Joubert
Conspicuous
Conspicuous

Weekend wars

Post by Quentin Joubert » 06 Dec 2014, 12:08

So we had every 5hours war with auto

then

every 4 hours with auto

then

(for 1 weekend to help with event, you removed auto and gave us 6 tokens)

then

it reduced to 3 tokens

Are you planning something and this is one of the steps to bring in a new game change or what is the reason for the reductions?

Jeffrey Chieh-yiu Cheng
Conspicuous
Conspicuous

Re: Weekend wars

Post by Jeffrey Chieh-yiu Cheng » 07 Dec 2014, 04:36

You forget we have repairs =P

Ronny
Unknown
Unknown

Post by Ronny » 07 Dec 2014, 04:53

Before you had salvage available after 4 hours cooldown. If you get sunk right away, you can push in 6 tokens in 24 hours - without any repair. With a little floating time you'll only really get 5 tokens in that 24 hours.
5 tokens x 80m HP is how long you can stay up warring. And you had to be online every 4 hours to be able to get the max from it. (Sleep more than 4 hours and you'll miss it!)

Now you have 3 tokens plus repairs. 3 tokens x 80m HP x 2. And you can plan it when you can play and not just go because it's available even if it's in the middle of the night for most of the players.

In addition small clans have bonus tokens if sunk in less than 3 minutes. So small clans can get 3 + 4 tokens, plus 80m repair on some of the tokens.

Julian Rouisse
Obscure
Obscure

Post by Julian Rouisse » 07 Dec 2014, 07:42

Honestly, this does not add up to excitement as it becomes a pattern already. We war with the same system everyday and now, we war on weekend like weekdays. Tyler, consider some difference between weekend and weekday system so we can always look forward for something more exciting during weekend.

Ronny
Unknown
Unknown

Post by Ronny » 07 Dec 2014, 13:30

LOL..
It's more exciting to wake up in the middle of the night to war again 4 hours after sunk?

hon
Prominent
Prominent

Post by hon » 07 Dec 2014, 13:40

Ronny wrote:LOL..
It's more exciting to wake up in the middle of the night to war again 4 hours after sunk?

Agree. Imagine rushing to war 4 hourly & login to findout u just miss token by 5 minute. Or u login & after wait 1 hr for good chance to rez u get trap & sunk in 2 minute. 4 hourly wait 1 hr to rez = weekend no life. 4 hourly suicide & sunk in 2 minute = better not to play.

Quentin Joubert
Conspicuous
Conspicuous

Post by Quentin Joubert » 07 Dec 2014, 15:48

Jeffrey Chieh-yiu Cheng wrote:You forget we have repairs =P

True that ;)

Quentin Joubert
Conspicuous
Conspicuous

Post by Quentin Joubert » 07 Dec 2014, 15:59

Ronny wrote:Before you had salvage available after 4 hours cooldown. If you get sunk right away, you can push in 6 tokens in 24 hours - without any repair. With a little floating time you'll only really get 5 tokens in that 24 hours.
5 tokens x 80m HP is how long you can stay up warring. And you had to be online every 4 hours to be able to get the max from it. (Sleep more than 4 hours and you'll miss it!)

Now you have 3 tokens plus repairs. 3 tokens x 80m HP x 2. And you can plan it when you can play and not just go because it's available even if it's in the middle of the night for most of the players.

In addition small clans have bonus tokens if sunk in less than 3 minutes. So small clans can get 3 + 4 tokens, plus 80m repair on some of the tokens.

it is a good summary, yes i agree. Our PM players took the "night shift" hours and they were not warring during the weekdays so it was a bonus for them. Our AM players "timed" our 4 hour rez cycles out of the super clan zones so it was not really a huge problem for us. But i am not defending the cycle system (although we adapted) and i agree with you on the control of the tokens (current war system). We asking for 4 - 6 tokens that our PM and AM zones can cater for the players.

Julian Rouisse
Obscure
Obscure

Post by Julian Rouisse » 07 Dec 2014, 16:07

Its not mandatory that you war whole day and whole night. We all still have life. What im trying to say is, there should be difference between weekday war and weekend war system. Its not exciting if you have patterns even in daily life. ;)

Ronny
Unknown
Unknown

Post by Ronny » 08 Dec 2014, 03:47

Julian Rouisse wrote:

Its not mandatory that you war whole day and whole night. We all still have life. What im trying to say is, there should be difference between weekday war and weekend war system. Its not exciting if you have patterns even in daily life. ;)

I really don't see that salvaging after a 4 hour cooldown or salvaging when you set a time that "everyone" can make is going to be any different game experience. You war in the same way anyway. Only difference is now you have control of when you want to war, instead of it being determined by when you sink etc.

I see your point about variation and doing different things. So we ask for even more events to have different things to do?
December has both Grand Maelstrom Condition Zero and Outpost Skirmish. Two very different things from regular clan war. I think asking for even more events will break a lot of AP banks, though..

hon
Prominent
Prominent

Post by hon » 08 Dec 2014, 03:57

Ronny wrote:I think asking for even more events will break a lot of AP banks, though..

Andrew Bowman
Notable
Notable

Post by Andrew Bowman » 08 Dec 2014, 05:52

Also, did the requirements change for rezzing forts? Or is it the same as it used to be? I.e. less people required to be active on the weekends

Mod_Nami
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mod_Nami » 08 Dec 2014, 06:30

Andrew Bowman wrote:Also, did the requirements change for rezzing forts? Or is it the same as it used to be? I.e. less people required to be active on the weekends

The requirements to rez forts for weekends are also following weekdays requirements now as well.

Andrew Bowman
Notable
Notable

Post by Andrew Bowman » 08 Dec 2014, 18:58

Forum1 wrote:
Andrew Bowman wrote:Also, did the requirements change for rezzing forts? Or is it the same as it used to be? I.e. less people required to be active on the weekends

The requirements to rez forts for weekends are also following weekdays requirements now as well.

Me thinks that should get changed back to the old weekend rules.

Julian Rouisse
Obscure
Obscure

Post by Julian Rouisse » 09 Dec 2014, 06:26

Andrew Bowman wrote:
Forum1 wrote:

Me thinks that should get changed back to the old weekend rules.

+1 or at least come up again with something new Admin.