Suggestion: Allow Privateering

Mostly un-moderated and contains offensive material. This is the place for MAXIMUM TROLLING!! You have been warned. Don't ask for "add me" or help with quests or clicks; you will get banned. Clans can post recruitment posts here.
warthog
Unknown
Unknown

Suggestion: Allow Privateering

Post by warthog » 11 Nov 2014, 17:24

Some high level Captains prefer to go rogue. Let us set up a crew of 12 or less, without having to be part of a clan, to skirmish and raid the three ground forts. Better yet, allow smaller clan sizes. Forcing Captains to join a clan in order to play at higher levels tends to drive those people into just a few large clans, and that hurts competition and drives off mid-level players too. Thoughts??

Gary Paul
Well known
Well known
Location: Hotrodding around Cambodia with all the Ultimate Levellers.

Re: Suggestion: Allow Privateering

Post by Gary Paul » 11 Nov 2014, 23:03

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 12 Nov 2014, 02:09

warthog wrote:Better yet, allow smaller clan sizes.

Already done > https://apps.facebook.com/skyocean/

Max clan size 30. No super clan politics. Just avoid any clan with multiple members named "blue farmers".

Sneaky Miggy
Well known
Well known

Post by Sneaky Miggy » 14 Nov 2014, 03:36

warthog wrote:Some high level Captains prefer to go rogue. Let us set up a crew of 12 or less, without having to be part of a clan, to skirmish and raid the three ground forts. Better yet, allow smaller clan sizes. Forcing Captains to join a clan in order to play at higher levels tends to drive those people into just a few large clans, and that hurts competition and drives off mid-level players too. Thoughts??

Higher level captains go rogue usually because they do not like the clan they are in. If you don't like it, join another clan. I personally have been in my clan for years and seen it rise from Tier C all the way to where it is now. I even left for a while to see what it was like in the "few large clans" and eventually found my way back to my old clan. Its about atmosphere, friendship and respect. If you want clan perks, join a clan. There are plenty of clans out there that are willing and able to take higher level captains.