Tow cable Interceptors

Mostly un-moderated and contains offensive material. This is the place for MAXIMUM TROLLING!! You have been warned. Don't ask for "add me" or help with quests or clicks; you will get banned. Clans can post recruitment posts here.
Winston Ivan Ong
Notable
Notable

Re: Tow cable Interceptors

Post by Winston Ivan Ong » 23 Sep 2013, 00:30

Joel Koh wrote:i have 2.5k war medals and 1.5k ocho. but neither is getting spent anytime soon

jk send me energy amp hahahaha the gamebatte gcoins is taking me forever to get 10k hahaha

Sky Tan
Well known
Well known

Post by Sky Tan » 23 Sep 2013, 03:40

Adiavroxos wrote:Fast lrr build

[*]slowdown > = 1000
[*] Max capacity ship
[*] Parts : Max speed Parts
[*] No skill active
[*] No effect of enemy's armor
[*] Min weapon range = 1000

Personal opinion Tow cable is no worth it's cost.

FOund someone whom totally missed the point.

Chai wrote:
Master of Clan X wrote:
Chai wrote:Thanks a lot for bait and switch.

Wasted my gold buying ore and procks of the market

It's not a bait and switch unless 150 Ocho is worth less than your Procks and medals.

Erm, actually it is :P

"Bait and Switch Pricing: Advertising an item at an unrealistically low price as 'bait' to lure customers and then attempting to steer them to a higher-priced item. This may also involve the fulfillment of prerequisites in order to make the buyers have sunk costs, so that they feel more encouraged to purchase the more expensive item."

Since u brought it up..i think u gotta read more.

Joel Koh
Conspicuous
Conspicuous

Post by Joel Koh » 23 Sep 2013, 05:40

speed king doesnt know hon's captain name, no ocho for either of you

Destiny Gyg
Familiar
Familiar

Post by Destiny Gyg » 23 Sep 2013, 07:57

blablabla............

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 23 Sep 2013, 08:02

Where's Peter when you need him?

Winston Ivan Ong
Notable
Notable

Post by Winston Ivan Ong » 23 Sep 2013, 08:26

Master of Clan X wrote:Where's Peter when you need him?

havent seen peter post for a long time.

PETER HALP UZ

Best Ping
Recognised
Recognised

Post by Best Ping » 23 Sep 2013, 10:27

Joel Koh wrote:speed king doesnt know hon's captain name, no ocho for either of you

still a better lovestory than twilight !

Chai
Conspicuous
Conspicuous

Post by Chai » 23 Sep 2013, 12:32

Sky Tan wrote:

Chai wrote:
"Bait and Switch Pricing: Advertising an item at an unrealistically low price as 'bait' to lure customers and then attempting to steer them to a higher-priced item. This may also involve the fulfillment of prerequisites in order to make the buyers have sunk costs, so that they feel more encouraged to purchase the more expensive item."

Since u brought it up..i think u gotta read more.

Yes I did take economics and we're taught that. Sunk costs, either capital that is a prequisite for something else, or fixed costs that can be only taken away after a period of time. (Obviously it isn't the case of the latter definition)

Sunk costs in form of AP + Time spent on buying resources (and travelling) + Opportunity Cost of Searching through Wiki

Chai
Conspicuous
Conspicuous

Post by Chai » 23 Sep 2013, 12:38

Master of Clan X wrote:
Chai wrote:So it is bait and switch?

No, it is the opposite of a bait and switch. You were offered a unrealistically low price and that's what you paid. Then the price was raised but you kept the same item.

I know you were Tyler's founding member (not anymore employed with them), so you probably might have taken economics to start up the game.

But.. implicit + explicit costs leads to sunken costs which forms bait and switch tactics. Implicit costs were made by members of the game who paid for travelling to AB, also paid for plasma + ore (You may say they can get back their original capital from selling the plasma and ore back, but bare in mind this is not true, as there is fee from selling)

Travelling to AB using AP, also not free, although they are given per hour. This is because AP that goes in become sunken costs (And truly sunken).

Granted, some people might have kept the new weapon at the cheaper price, so I have no complaints, although I didn't get to.

Just pointing out that it is unfair to
1. Tyler's business model to release weapon at old cheap cost
2. Also unfair to both existing players who didn't get to buy the weapon at cheap cost
3. Also unfair to players who bought at cheap cost but may have to return their weapon.

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 23 Sep 2013, 13:32

Chai wrote:I know you were Tyler's founding member (not anymore employed with them), so you probably might have taken economics to start up the game.

But.. implicit + explicit costs leads to sunken costs which forms bait and switch tactics. Implicit costs were made by members of the game who paid for travelling to AB, also paid for plasma + ore (You may say they can get back their original capital from selling the plasma and ore back, but bare in mind this is not true, as there is fee from selling)

Travelling to AB using AP, also not free, although they are given per hour. This is because AP that goes in become sunken costs (And truly sunken).

Granted, some people might have kept the new weapon at the cheaper price, so I have no complaints, although I didn't get to.

Just pointing out that it is unfair to
1. Tyler's business model to release weapon at old cheap cost
2. Also unfair to both existing players who didn't get to buy the weapon at cheap cost
3. Also unfair to players who bought at cheap cost but may have to return their weapon.

tl:dr. Just send them a support ticket if you please. :/

Destiny Gyg
Familiar
Familiar

Post by Destiny Gyg » 23 Sep 2013, 14:12

do you know that there is a wagon in every bs port that has bs 3.0? Lolz no need to travel at all .Lolz

Gary Paul
Well known
Well known
Location: Hotrodding around Cambodia with all the Ultimate Levellers.

Post by Gary Paul » 23 Sep 2013, 16:37

Enough of this.

People are reacting as if this is the first time Tyler released an item and then later changed the crafting ingredients, causing a huge upset.

Everyone who took advantage of the initial crafting recipe should have their resources returned to them and the crafted item remove...causing a huge upset.

Either way, Tyler can't win and people will be upset.

Why the hell does something like this happen?

Is it a case where Staff Member 1 in Department X is delegated a task and takes the liberty of interpreting what was asked of him/her from Staff Member 2 in Department Z?

Or is it a case where something that was designed was not fully tested in-house before being given the thumbs up for final public release? Isn't that often the case for a lot of PC game conversions which end up on the XBOX 360? Release now - patch it later.

Sky Tan
Well known
Well known

Post by Sky Tan » 24 Sep 2013, 02:56

Chai wrote:Sunk costs in form of AP + Time spent on buying resources (and travelling) + Opportunity Cost of Searching through Wiki

/* insert meme
Joker-i-clap-for-you.jpg

Nice comeback.

u could add more...the opportunity i missed Longing AAPL, or Shorting DOw.?
Or missed fapping?
or Humping with Greg?

Well the list could go on....

Chai
Conspicuous
Conspicuous

Post by Chai » 24 Sep 2013, 06:46

Sky Tan wrote:
u could add more...the opportunity i missed fapping? having a girlfriend to take it out on me?
or humping Greg?

Yeah. I guess you're right after all

Sky Tan
Well known
Well known

Post by Sky Tan » 24 Sep 2013, 06:59

Chai wrote:
Sky Tan wrote:
u could add more...the opportunity i missed fapping? having a girlfriend to take it out on me?
or humping Greg?

Yeah. I guess you're right after all

nah i am never correct , cos i love editing pple quote tags.