Fixing basic stuff........

Mostly un-moderated and contains offensive material. This is the place for MAXIMUM TROLLING!! You have been warned. Don't ask for "add me" or help with quests or clicks; you will get banned. Clans can post recruitment posts here.
Nikolaj Knudsen
Notable
Notable

Re: Fixing basic stuff........

Post by Nikolaj Knudsen » 23 Apr 2013, 14:36

ChrisComben wrote:Who said I don't like fireworks?

Nice and constructive input ChrisComben

1. You may have a point on the BS Guide. To me is doesn't really matter, who writes it. Tyler may even employ one or more users to do it. The key word is responsibility, and Tyler is responsible for the documentation of the game. The old Wiki was far more comprehensive. Now it basicly just Items and Rules.

2. I don't have anything against the EGV as such. I understand why it's there. However, I have seen it discussed numerous times here. So what I mentioned as an example was that I think it should be looked into and probably revised, as it seems to be a problem for quite a few users. Again that is more important than fireworks on a page.

3. The Trading House is fine too as such. The interface is terribly slow though, but that's besides the point. I have noticed that many are not aware, what can be traded and what cannot be traded. I would like to see that all Ocho items could be traded, no matter where they came from, that is from chests, events, quests or whatever.

4. I really don't know if the "encounter" mechanics are too complicated. I'm raising the question if they are. I think most would have a hard time explaining exactly how they really interact, when more/many factors are in play. Thus it may be a good idea to look it over.

P.S. I'm not the biggest fan of the new interface either, and in particular not the new PvP system, but I have forced myself to use it. It is what it is and it's here to stay. One can only hope that at least one port will still have the old PvP system ;-)
Last edited by Nikolaj Knudsen on 23 Apr 2013, 14:49, edited 2 times in total.

Nikolaj Knudsen
Notable
Notable

Post by Nikolaj Knudsen » 23 Apr 2013, 14:42

TimberWolph wrote:
Nikolaj Knudsen wrote:P.S. I don't have the slightest interest in Tyler or Battlestations

You said that, and when abhishek said that unlike you, he still has interest in the game. You backpedaled from that statement you used. Since apparently you don't know what that means I'll link the definition http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/backpedal?s=t #2 is what your looking for.You retreated, or backpedaled from the statement and changed it.

I had to check back to see, where You went wrong. Found it, so when You quote, would it be to much to ask You to quote correctly? Thanks in advance.

This is what I said:

P.S. I don't have the slightest interest in Tyler or Battlestations - except that I find the game amusing and relaxing, whenever I have a little spare time.
Last edited by Nikolaj Knudsen on 23 Apr 2013, 14:47, edited 1 time in total.

Nikolaj Knudsen
Notable
Notable

Post by Nikolaj Knudsen » 23 Apr 2013, 14:45

Rainbow King wrote:
Nikolaj Knudsen wrote:
Rainbow King wrote:Hiya Nikolaj, my best buddy in the WHOLE world :*
How have you been?
Is MARS still going strong?
How's the wife and kids?
It's great to see you again :D

Hi there.......
Yes - all is well, Thank You. Just having the day off, and thought I would drop a few words of wisdom here in the dark.

Indeed, it is quite hard to see around here.
Hope you've enjoyed your day off :D

Sometimes it is hard, but when this topic gets to 200 pages, I think we will all see the light. Thank You - I did/do enjoy my day off. I seriously doubt, that I am Your best buddy in the WHOLE world, but at least You demonstrate some sense of humour. This is good because humour means life and life means hope ;-)

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 23 Apr 2013, 14:58

Artemios Masmanidis wrote:tl;tr

Can someone summarize what this thread is about?

Nikolaj was the mastermind behind the MARS multis.

Andrew Bowman
Notable
Notable

Post by Andrew Bowman » 23 Apr 2013, 16:55

Master of Clan X wrote:

*Slow clap* Nice job LL. Way to derail what might have turned into a decent thread.

Nikolaj Knudsen
Notable
Notable

Post by Nikolaj Knudsen » 23 Apr 2013, 17:02

Andrew Bowman wrote:
Master of Clan X wrote:

*Slow clap* Nice job LL. Way to derail what might have turned into a decent thread.

Precisely Andrew, he was there from the very beginning trying to derail it. I think it's safe to say as usual. Fortunately there have been some very decent posts here by decent users, and I'm sure the choice between new features versus basic problems in the game deserves more attention.

Andrew Bowman
Notable
Notable

Post by Andrew Bowman » 23 Apr 2013, 22:34

Nikolaj Knudsen wrote:
Andrew Bowman wrote:*Slow clap* Nice job LL. Way to derail what might have turned into a decent thread.

Precisely Andrew, he was there from the very beginning trying to derail it. I think it's safe to say as usual. Fortunately there have been some very decent posts here by decent users, and I'm sure the choice between new features versus basic problems in the game deserves more attention.

Since you and many others don't know, LL aka Master of Clan X used to be the CEO of Tyler. He does have a vested interest in the game as Tyler employs him as a consultant.

TimberWolph
Familiar
Familiar

Post by TimberWolph » 23 Apr 2013, 23:37

Alright Nikolaj I pulled someone in who would know for sure if you had backpedaled. You hadn't, and so I must apologize, as I was clearly wrong to call you out for something you hadn't done. So I apologize for calling you out.
@Samuel But doesn't Cognitive Closure apply to a problem where there is no solution, cause with backpedaling there is a clear problem and a clear solution.
On a side note, how have you been? Haven't seen Chuck, Nick, and them on either.

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 24 Apr 2013, 02:43

Nikolaj Knudsen wrote:Precisely Andrew, he was there from the very beginning trying to derail it. I think it's safe to say as usual.

You appear somewhat defensive, a bit passive aggressive. No idea why that is so, but that's your problem. I don't see how that is constructive, but so be it.

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 24 Apr 2013, 02:45

Andrew Bowman wrote:Tyler employs him as a consultant.

Whose job was to finish rewriting Corxas (which I have). Case you haven't noticed: I'm with Gamebatte now.

hon
Prominent
Prominent

Post by hon » 24 Apr 2013, 02:54

Aeros Aeros!

Already many new clanmate finish Jade when go to Aeros get confuse :D

Nikolaj Knudsen
Notable
Notable

Post by Nikolaj Knudsen » 24 Apr 2013, 04:25

TimberWolph wrote:Alright Nikolaj I pulled someone in who would know for sure if you had backpedaled. You hadn't, and so I must apologize, as I was clearly wrong to call you out for something you hadn't done. So I apologize for calling you out.
@Samuel But doesn't Cognitive Closure apply to a problem where there is no solution, cause with backpedaling there is a clear problem and a clear solution.
On a side note, how have you been? Haven't seen Chuck, Nick, and them on either.

No problem and apology accepted.

Samuel Chiou
Familiar
Familiar

Post by Samuel Chiou » 24 Apr 2013, 13:52

That's what they call in the trade passive aggressive cognitive closure.

Nikolaj Knudsen
Notable
Notable

Post by Nikolaj Knudsen » 25 Apr 2013, 07:37

Nikolaj Knudsen wrote:Also I find it peculiar that people have to guess, ask and look all over the place for many items. How hard can it be to write where ALL parts come from? The author of the Simulator figured that long ago (Thanks by the way - Great work).

"Battle Stations:
Made some improvements to the Battle Stations wiki: Weapons section:
Information on where to get each weapons should be displayed now."

Well - Thank You very much :-)

Jack Cole
Low profile
Low profile

Post by Jack Cole » 25 Apr 2013, 07:42

finally, the Search Function is alive!!! :D :D :D