Fixing basic stuff........

Mostly un-moderated and contains offensive material. This is the place for MAXIMUM TROLLING!! You have been warned. Don't ask for "add me" or help with quests or clicks; you will get banned. Clans can post recruitment posts here.
Samuel Chiou
Familiar
Familiar

Re: Fixing basic stuff........

Post by Samuel Chiou » 23 Apr 2013, 12:55

You're just suffering from Cognitive Closure, TimberWolph.

Gladerunner
Conspicuous
Conspicuous

Post by Gladerunner » 23 Apr 2013, 12:56

TimberWolph wrote:
Nikolaj Knudsen wrote:P.S. I don't have the slightest interest in Tyler or Battlestations

You said that, and when abhishek said that unlike you, he still has interest in the game. You backpedaled from that statement you used. Since apparently you don't know what that means I'll link the definition http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/backpedal?s=t #2 is what your looking for.You retreated, or backpedaled from the statement and changed it.

I think interest in a game is split in two ways - intrinsic and extrinsic. Nikolaj is extrinsically motivated, because he is invested by the money and time sunk into the game. Most players persist because they are intrinsically motivated, because they feel fulfilled through feeling overpowered and sinking people. Nikolaj exaggerated when he said he had no interest - this thread is proof of that. However, he is interested more behind the design decisions it appears. I prefer to side with the players in game progression, but its ultimately the developer and investor decisions that matter.

Nikolaj Knudsen
Notable
Notable

Post by Nikolaj Knudsen » 23 Apr 2013, 12:57

TimberWolph wrote:
Nikolaj Knudsen wrote:P.S. I don't have the slightest interest in Tyler or Battlestations

You said that, and when abhishek said that unlike you, he still has interest in the game. You backpedaled from that statement you used. Since apparently you don't know what that means I'll link the definition http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/backpedal?s=t #2 is what your looking for.You retreated, or backpedaled from the statement and changed it.

Yes, I understand the meaning of the expression, only not in this context.

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 23 Apr 2013, 13:02

Nikolaj Knudsen wrote: It appears to be more like: "Hey - I have an idea. Let's try that.

Which is basically what Tyler would be doing if they listened to post #1 except that it'd your idea. Oh wait, I forgot you're not interested so I guess it doesn't really matter how Tyler decides they want to develop the game.

Nikolaj Knudsen
Notable
Notable

Post by Nikolaj Knudsen » 23 Apr 2013, 13:40

Rainbow King wrote:Hiya Nikolaj, my best buddy in the WHOLE world :*
How have you been?
Is MARS still going strong?
How's the wife and kids?
It's great to see you again :D

Hi there.......
Yes - all is well, Thank You. Just having the day off, and thought I would drop a few words of wisdom here in the dark.

Rainbow King
Well known
Well known

Post by Rainbow King » 23 Apr 2013, 13:52

Nikolaj Knudsen wrote:
Rainbow King wrote:Hiya Nikolaj, my best buddy in the WHOLE world :*
How have you been?
Is MARS still going strong?
How's the wife and kids?
It's great to see you again :D

Hi there.......
Yes - all is well, Thank You. Just having the day off, and thought I would drop a few words of wisdom here in the dark.

Indeed, it is quite hard to see around here.
Hope you've enjoyed your day off :D

Artemios Masmanidis
Recognised
Recognised

Post by Artemios Masmanidis » 23 Apr 2013, 13:53

tl;tr

Can someone summarize what this thread is about?

Dirty Stallis
Conspicuous
Conspicuous

Post by Dirty Stallis » 23 Apr 2013, 13:57

Artemios Masmanidis wrote:tl;tr

1. Update the Wiki.

2. Remove EGV from black market.

3. Add more items to the Trading House.

4. Simplify game (stats, skills, armor, 5 different resources with 3 different ways to get them, etc.)

5. Add more BS3 ports and storyline

6. Fireworks are fancy

Nikolaj Knudsen
Notable
Notable

Post by Nikolaj Knudsen » 23 Apr 2013, 14:05

Dirty Stallis wrote:
Artemios Masmanidis wrote:tl;tr

1. Update the Wiki.

2. Remove EGV from black market.

3. Add more items to the Trading House.

4. Simplify game (stats, skills, armor, 5 different resources with 3 different ways to get them, etc.)

5. Add more BS3 ports and storyline

6. Fireworks are fancy

Thank You - excellent job :-) You missed the more philosophical part though ;-)

Artemios Masmanidis
Recognised
Recognised

Post by Artemios Masmanidis » 23 Apr 2013, 14:08

Oh, cool.

+1 to all points.

/me goes back to sleep

ChrisComben
Low profile
Low profile

Post by ChrisComben » 23 Apr 2013, 14:11

1, Both the past battlestations guides and most guides for other games I have played are made by players rather than the developers of the game.
If Tyler put someone on writing these guilds it is one less person to work on game updates. It is a shame that there are no player written guides out there these days. As Tyler have got weapons/parts and ships list that could be easy linked to the guide saving the writer a job.

2, EGV is there for a reason. Its not Tylers fault some people don't read the warning.

3, I think the trading system is fine. What else do you think should be tradable?

4, I agree that the game is to complex for alot of new players, skills, slowdowns ect have made combat much more complex than the earlier versions of BS.

I don't think I would agree with you what the basics are. 2 things stand out for me, both to do with BS3.
1, The island makes a rubbish main page/command centre. I suggest putting it back on a sub page and have a main page with port news and messages like the old one.
2,I don't like the BS3 PvP system. It has to few choice of targets and is slow. I would love to see a system that is more like the skirmish console for PvP.

Artemios Masmanidis
Recognised
Recognised

Post by Artemios Masmanidis » 23 Apr 2013, 14:12

CHRIS COMBEN Y U NO LIKE FIREWORKS???

ChrisComben
Low profile
Low profile

Post by ChrisComben » 23 Apr 2013, 14:15

Who said I don't like fireworks?

Dirty Stallis
Conspicuous
Conspicuous

Post by Dirty Stallis » 23 Apr 2013, 14:23

Nikolaj Knudsen wrote:Thank You - excellent job :-) You missed the more philosophical part though ;-)

Just trying to keep it to a minimum ;)

As far as the wiki - we used to have a really good one. Then TYLER deleted everything and started over. Now it isn't nearly as useful. And I don't think it is a true wiki, in the sense that only TYLER can edit it.

Jack Cole has done a lot better job explaining the trading house idea than I could. I suggest you check out his post in the new trading section. Basically, anything that you can't purchase in the weapons shops should be tradable. Like PEW PEW guns.

As far as resolving long FW... It seems like there are fewer active clans. Reducing the number of tiers would put more clans in each tier, and therefore more wars and hopefully shorter FW. The problem is Tier S, and how to boost smaller factions power to be able to compete. No, I don't have a solution to that.

Samuel Chiou
Familiar
Familiar

Post by Samuel Chiou » 23 Apr 2013, 14:34

This game used to have a good everything.