Fixing basic stuff........

Mostly un-moderated and contains offensive material. This is the place for MAXIMUM TROLLING!! You have been warned. Don't ask for "add me" or help with quests or clicks; you will get banned. Clans can post recruitment posts here.
Gladerunner
Conspicuous
Conspicuous

Re: Fixing basic stuff........

Post by Gladerunner » 23 Apr 2013, 09:54

I guess at the end of the day, developers have to pay the bills, and forgo making a more user friendly game. Sure BS3.5 did have a tutorial, but it left the deeper mechanics to either be learned from clan-memsber or by trial and error. They make more money by reinvigorating the paying customers and not the new players.

Although I agree with all of your ideals Nikolaj, the developers are going to choose money over stronger user experience.

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 23 Apr 2013, 10:04

Nikolaj Knudsen wrote:P.S. I don't have the slightest interest in ...Battlestations

Yes, I believe that Tyler can safely ignore you and everything you post from now on.

PS: I replied as I have time to kill, I don't really care. Sorry you are disappointed.

TimberWolph
Familiar
Familiar

Post by TimberWolph » 23 Apr 2013, 10:15

Nikolaj you idiot. A company needs to do both. Take Warframe for an example. There is no end game in that game yet. They are constantly working on the basic stuff, and as such it is very boring cause the only thing really to do is farming.

Samuel Chiou
Familiar
Familiar

Post by Samuel Chiou » 23 Apr 2013, 10:27

Roll the game back to 2007.

This solves ALL problems.

Nikolaj Knudsen
Notable
Notable

Post by Nikolaj Knudsen » 23 Apr 2013, 10:55

I'm not a gamer and I'm far from being an idiot. I wouldn't know of the game You mention. I only play Battlestations and one other game consistently. I'm afraid to say mostly because I have invested time and money in those two games. So my interest in this is primarily academic, and I like to study these mechanisms. I agree that a great game has both a solid well documented baseline and new features. However, I'm talking about what happens after 3 - 5 years. When interest declines (which it does), it's extremely important to make sure the basics of the game are in top condition. After all the core game was what made it popular, when it was at it's peak. New features are great if the game still has an expanding userbase. This goes to show, that things are done right and that the right things are done. On the contrary, if the the users are leaving, it doesn't help to come up with new features and/or changing the GUI. Then one must go back to the basics and check if something is missing and if there are any broken promises. This is far more important than just adding new features and changing stuff all the time. Let me finish this by illustrating (again), what I mean.

When the new Quest system was introduced, it was in my opinion a great development of the game. AP and Time consuming for sure, but an interactive extension of a more or less passive quest system. Challenging too - and I actually felt that I was playing a game. There was a story line and there was an objective. Way to go.

Now I don't understand why it stopped? Don't You think it's about time that Aeros was changed into the new quest system? How long must we wait for that? And why are ressources invested in new game features, when Aeros hasn't been released? I find that peculiar. In my book it goes to show that game development is not consistent. It appears to be more like: "Hey - I have an idea. Let's try that."

Again let's go back to Skirmish. It's here and so be it. I have no problems with that - except that I find it kinda boring. It didn't have to be so, but never mind now. The main point here is that there is no storyline and there is no objective. It's simply doing the same over and over again, and that doesn't have much appeal after the first excitement.

That's what I mean (among others) and that is why I find it far more important to continue the new quest system than adding new game features and GUIs. Hopefully this makes sense.

Nikolaj Knudsen
Notable
Notable

Post by Nikolaj Knudsen » 23 Apr 2013, 11:01

Samuel Chiou wrote:Roll the game back to 2007.

Definetely not all, but some. It's not that I think Battlestations is going down rapidly, but generally companies/developers have a very difficult choice, when a game is getting old. They can either shut it down of they can go back to where they came from (to the point where things started to go wrong), and then start from there.

Dickieflashman
Notable
Notable

Post by Dickieflashman » 23 Apr 2013, 11:05

Nikolaj Knudsen wrote:
Samuel Chiou wrote:Roll the game back to 2007.

Definetely not all, but some. It's not that I think Battlestations is going down rapidly, but generally companies/developers have a very difficult choice, when a game is getting old. They can either shut it down of they can go back to where they came from (to the point where things started to go wrong), and then start from there.

Dude, Sam is taking the piss.

Samuel Chiou
Familiar
Familiar

Post by Samuel Chiou » 23 Apr 2013, 11:19

Almost all, then.

Although I can't think of any current problems that would stay.

hon
Prominent
Prominent

Post by hon » 23 Apr 2013, 11:28

Abhishek Goyal
Familiar
Familiar

Post by Abhishek Goyal » 23 Apr 2013, 11:31

Just My 2 cents here ..

1) Wiki :- Update logs and Other Wiki is quite updated , Though Can be Improvised by Search Function Mentioned , Also Export to Excel Mentioned In Past

2) Auction System:- Removing EGV once i supported but it will break Game Further , Creating Further Gold in few hands only , But Still improvisation like may be ember/War medals used in this respect can be used

3) Trading :- It is good enough Already

4) Game Mechanics :- Its Not That difficult may be information can be provided to player more in tutorials of game in Azure Toll , So he can understand Game mechanics further !

Though Core of the Game is Clan War , its only coz of it People Ocho/Skirmish and other stuff , so shifting focus from that is what has to be taken care of , Tyler Increased Ap regen for People in Clan , Buffed Exp in CW , good work , it has improved attendance to lil .. but Steps can be taken to improve it further , May be Like Skirmish Can be done Every 8 hours and is continous Warring , Clan War Token System can be made such , like Tokens Get renewed every 8 Hours and 2 tokens for 8 hours , this will be like increasing CW too much but MIGHT reduce FW also Auto Raises and Etc will help further in this ! Improvisation etc can be done its just a suggestion

And Unlike Nikolaj Knudsen P.S i have still quite interest in playing BS :p

Nikolaj Knudsen
Notable
Notable

Post by Nikolaj Knudsen » 23 Apr 2013, 11:47

0. Great with a constructive post :-) Thanks.

1. Wiki. I still think many parts of the Wiki (User Manual) are missing.

2. Auction. As long as it's looked into, I'm OK with it.

3. Trading. More items should be tradeable in my opinion, regardless of where they come from.

4. Game mechanics. No it's not rocket science for sure - at least not for seasoned veterans. It's an excellent idea to have more informative tutorials in Azure.

Just for the record, when I said I had no interest in Battlestations, in the context I meant that I had no self-serving interests. I do like the game very much. I would like it to be around for a long time to come. Hence my interest too.

TimberWolph
Familiar
Familiar

Post by TimberWolph » 23 Apr 2013, 11:52

Way to try and back pedal there Nikolaj.

Nikolaj Knudsen
Notable
Notable

Post by Nikolaj Knudsen » 23 Apr 2013, 12:11

TimberWolph wrote:Way to try and back pedal there Nikolaj.

I don't understand what You are writing?

Rainbow King
Well known
Well known

Post by Rainbow King » 23 Apr 2013, 12:30

Hiya Nikolaj, my best buddy in the WHOLE world :*
How have you been?
Is MARS still going strong?
How's the wife and kids?
It's great to see you again :D

TimberWolph
Familiar
Familiar

Post by TimberWolph » 23 Apr 2013, 12:44

Nikolaj Knudsen wrote:P.S. I don't have the slightest interest in Tyler or Battlestations

You said that, and when abhishek said that unlike you, he still has interest in the game. You backpedaled from that statement you used. Since apparently you don't know what that means I'll link the definition http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/backpedal?s=t #2 is what your looking for.You retreated, or backpedaled from the statement and changed it.