Fixing basic stuff........

Mostly un-moderated and contains offensive material. This is the place for MAXIMUM TROLLING!! You have been warned. Don't ask for "add me" or help with quests or clicks; you will get banned. Clans can post recruitment posts here.
Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Re: Fixing basic stuff........

Post by Master of Clan X » 23 Apr 2013, 08:01

Nikolaj Knudsen wrote:No irony whatsoever. Passive agressiveness doesn't help here.

And condescension helps? FYI, I'm not the developer.

Nikolaj Knudsen
Notable
Notable

Post by Nikolaj Knudsen » 23 Apr 2013, 08:03

Master of Clan X wrote:
Nikolaj Knudsen wrote:A good example would be Skirmish. I have no idea of why it was introduced

Ok I'm going to stop you right there. So this is exactly what I thought this was about: If you don't like an update it's the developers wasting time on "fancy" updates.

If you must know why Skirmish was implemented it was to address the complaints about having to fort watch which have been there since the start of BS. Back to the basics FTW!

Which just goes to show, that You are deliberately avoiding the point. That is called "cognitive closure". Skirmish was an example and by the way Skirmish doesn't do anything about the way too long fort watches. It's an addition to the game, which wasn't imperrative - at least not as long as basic problems are not addressed.

P.S. Didn't say one word about if I like it or not and that doesn't matter at all in this context.
Last edited by Nikolaj Knudsen on 23 Apr 2013, 08:05, edited 2 times in total.

Gladerunner
Conspicuous
Conspicuous

Post by Gladerunner » 23 Apr 2013, 08:03

Sky Tan wrote:
Gladerunner wrote: Its not much, but I do wonder where all that gold does go.

It goes to the

Sios Hedging Institue of Trading Houses Offical Legal Enterprise.

Sios Bank.

I c what you did there.

But I think it would be fair if a small percentage of that gets transferred to the seller, otherwise we'll have to set up a black market underneath the black market.

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 23 Apr 2013, 08:06

Nikolaj Knudsen wrote:You are deliberately avoiding the point. That is called "cognitive closure".

Right back at you.

Nikolaj Knudsen
Notable
Notable

Post by Nikolaj Knudsen » 23 Apr 2013, 08:08

Master of Clan X wrote:
Nikolaj Knudsen wrote:No irony whatsoever. Passive agressiveness doesn't help here.

And condescension helps? FYI, I'm not the developer.

To be honest I have no idea of who You are and what You do, but You seem to have a vital interest here - at the very least You are discussing the subject vigorously. That's fine. That is why I brought the subject up.
Last edited by Nikolaj Knudsen on 23 Apr 2013, 08:10, edited 1 time in total.

Nikolaj Knudsen
Notable
Notable

Post by Nikolaj Knudsen » 23 Apr 2013, 08:09

Master of Clan X wrote:
Nikolaj Knudsen wrote:You are deliberately avoiding the point. That is called "cognitive closure".

Right back at you.

LOL - classic again - running out of valid arguments. That's at least honest.

LUCYFER
Familiar
Familiar

Post by LUCYFER » 23 Apr 2013, 08:16

back to basics back to basics??
please mention what basics u want them to be fixed??

Nikolaj Knudsen
Notable
Notable

Post by Nikolaj Knudsen » 23 Apr 2013, 08:22

LUCYFER wrote:back to basics back to basics??
please mention what basics u want them to be fixed??

Yes, I gave a few examples in post #1 and another user added a good point right after my post.

Adryan Poh
Familiar
Familiar

Post by Adryan Poh » 23 Apr 2013, 08:30

+1 to this thread.

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 23 Apr 2013, 08:47

Nikolaj Knudsen wrote:running out of valid arguments.

You never provided one to begin with.

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 23 Apr 2013, 08:50

Nikolaj Knudsen wrote:You seem to have a vital interest here - at the very least You are discussing the subject vigorously.

Either that or I'm posting because...

Nikolaj Knudsen
Notable
Notable

Post by Nikolaj Knudsen » 23 Apr 2013, 08:59

Master of Clan X wrote:
Nikolaj Knudsen wrote:running out of valid arguments.

You never provided one to begin with.

You are of course entitled to Your opinion on this subject as is anyone else. You do appear somewhat defensive - like I said a bit passive aggressive. No idea why that is so, but that's your problem. I don't see how that is constructive, but so be it.

The things I have brought up are not something, which came out of thin air. These are classic problems for declining games after 3 - 5 years. Companies/Developers loose focus and start adding on more and more game features. As oppopsed to that, the core users want them to fix basic problems instead of adding more features, which in time will create more unattended problems. It's food for thought for whom it may concern. It's an evil downgoing spiral - a maelstrom if You prefer, and You are not going to find any prizes at the bottom of this one.
Last edited by Nikolaj Knudsen on 23 Apr 2013, 09:17, edited 1 time in total.

Yukimura Sanada
Obscure
Obscure

Post by Yukimura Sanada » 23 Apr 2013, 09:11

While we're on the topic of stuff to fix, how about fixing that one issue where hunting monsters that appear on the map for a quest via the "hunt" feature doesn't rid the map of the monsters. It clutters my screen and makes it hard to click on pvp targets which annoyingly overlap at random instances.

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 23 Apr 2013, 09:19

Nikolaj Knudsen wrote:You do appear somewhat defensive - like I said a bit passive agressive. No idea why that is so, but that's your problem. I don't see how that is constructive, but so be it.

Funny how I appear passive aggressive to you now but you didn't seem to mind at all when I was posting in support of your posts during the Juggs spying fiasco.

I don't see how changing the auction system or the trading system is "going back to basics" or helping new players.

I don't think you've actually said anything vaguely constructive and you're just lobbying for your own interests with the same condescension as always.

Nikolaj Knudsen
Notable
Notable

Post by Nikolaj Knudsen » 23 Apr 2013, 09:34

Master of Clan X wrote:
Nikolaj Knudsen wrote:You do appear somewhat defensive - like I said a bit passive agressive. No idea why that is so, but that's your problem. I don't see how that is constructive, but so be it.

Funny how I appear passive aggressive to you now but you didn't seem to mind at all when I was posting in support of your posts during the Juggs spying fiasco.

I don't see how changing the auction system or the trading system is "going back to basics" or helping new players.

I don't think you've actually said anything vaguely constructive and you're just lobbying for your own interests with the same condescension as always.

I must admit I haven't got the slightest recollection of when and where You posted what and why, and I don't think I could care less. You have made Your point long ago. You (deliberately) don't get it. That's fine.

Now back to the topic and thanks for your input.

P.S. I don't have the slightest interest in Tyler or Battlestations - except that I find the game amusing and relaxing, whenever I have a little spare time.