Offline Simulator

Mostly un-moderated and contains offensive material. This is the place for MAXIMUM TROLLING!! You have been warned. Don't ask for "add me" or help with quests or clicks; you will get banned. Clans can post recruitment posts here.
Adiavroxos
Recognised
Recognised

Re: Offline Simulator

Post by Adiavroxos » 06 Aug 2014, 17:17

bd guy wrote:pooorrrr me

after what action this appeared?

(I guess you tried to load something....)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: I tried right many combinations of files but I can't reproduce this.

The only bug I know with load system is when you load one file that it is not a ship build from build tab. If you do this then any other files that you will try to open after this will display error file even if they are correct. (I still can't solve this problem)
Last edited by Adiavroxos on 06 Aug 2014, 21:11, edited 3 times in total.

TimBitz
Recognised
Recognised

Post by TimBitz » 06 Aug 2014, 17:26

Ozetta wrote:It seems that the optimizer doesn't work for me. When I start, a message box shows up saying that the program is optimizing, but if I click OK the program will be closed.

I've seen that before when I messed up my weapons limit file with some invalid values or missing number. Were you using a limit file?

Adiavroxos
Recognised
Recognised

Post by Adiavroxos » 06 Aug 2014, 20:51

TimBitz wrote:
Ozetta wrote:It seems that the optimizer doesn't work for me. When I start, a message box shows up saying that the program is optimizing, but if I click OK the program will be closed.

I've seen that before when I messed up my weapons limit file with some invalid values or missing number. Were you using a limit file?

I think its the usual problem with 64bit operating system. 64bit operating system save all 32bit dll files into SysWoW64 folder (and all 64 into system32 as opposite to common sense as it sounds). My program use an external 32 bit library but because it's written with ancient vb6 you need to do this:

If you use a newer operation system than windows XP , or a 64bit you need after the installation to press right click on the program's .exe (not the shortcut) and go to properties/compatibility tab and check compatibility XP(service pack3). Also check run as administrator at the bottom.

I believe this will solve the problem. Ozetta, you can also try my new simulation program. (see first post)

mohigeo33
Familiar
Familiar

Post by mohigeo33 » 07 Aug 2014, 10:33

Adiavroxos wrote:
mohigeo33 wrote:
what went wrong.jpg
Hello there,

thanks for ur work and such a nice simulator :) however i m facing a problem after i updated the database of great chase. i m a level 213 btw.

I just understand that you don't use the latest version of the program. This layout is for sure from an old version. I don't remember which version but for sure a very old one. It's normal that the database does not work properly because it's made to work ONLY with the latest version of the program. When you use the database with old program version I know that the ship's properties don't load correct.

Please try my new simulator program : BS Shipyard. See the first post.

thanks man. i fixed the issue myself though. i just copy paste the ship data from a older version of urs and it worked. however, i m gonna download ur latest one. thanks again :) keep up the good work ^_____^

Adiavroxos
Recognised
Recognised

Post by Adiavroxos » 07 Aug 2014, 11:44

mohigeo33 wrote:
Adiavroxos wrote:
mohigeo33 wrote:
what went wrong.jpg
Hello there,

thanks for ur work and such a nice simulator :) however i m facing a problem after i updated the database of great chase. i m a level 213 btw.

I just understand that you don't use the latest version of the program. This layout is for sure from an old version. I don't remember which version but for sure a very old one. It's normal that the database does not work properly because it's made to work ONLY with the latest version of the program. When you use the database with old program version I know that the ship's properties don't load correct.

Please try my new simulator program : BS Shipyard. See the first post.

thanks man. i fixed the issue myself though. i just copy paste the ship data from a older version of urs and it worked. however, i m gonna download ur latest one. thanks again :) keep up the good work ^_____^

If I remember correct some names are typed wrong so newer database has the correct ones. Older version of program dont recognize the ships names because they search for the <<wrong typed names>>. With this way I guess you will run the program but I don't know what other problems will appear.
I suggest you to download and try my new simulator program. But if you still want to use the BS Ship Configuration Tool then use the last version of it because it has more options and less bugs than the version that you try to use. Please note that I don't plan to update anymore the BS Ship Configuration Tool. Only for some limited time I will update it's databases.

bd guy
Familiar
Familiar

Post by bd guy » 07 Aug 2014, 13:26

Adiavroxos wrote:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only bug I know with load system is when you load one file that it is not a ship build from build tab. If you do this then any other files that you will try to open after this will display error file even if they are correct. (I still can't solve this problem)

it happened when im trying to open it...

chg the compatibility with windows 7 but still cant....

Adiavroxos
Recognised
Recognised

Post by Adiavroxos » 07 Aug 2014, 15:17

bd guy wrote:
Adiavroxos wrote:

it happened when im trying to open it...

chg the compatibility with windows 7 but still cant....

I tried the program until now with

win xp 32bit
win 7 64bit
win 8 64bit

and I don't have this problem.

can you press the detail button and send me the text with a private message ?

Adiavroxos
Recognised
Recognised

Post by Adiavroxos » 09 Aug 2014, 18:08

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BS Shipyard V20140809 (DB V20140802) (Beta Version)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Code for load database is rewritten and a better error handling added.
- Parts Slots (Build Tab) are displayed correct when the screen is maximized.
- All Optimizers have maximized button and you can resize their form.

Thank you all for your interest.

bd guy
Familiar
Familiar

Post by bd guy » 10 Aug 2014, 01:56

Adiavroxos wrote:-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BS Shipyard V20140809 (DB V20140802) (Beta Version)

- Code for load database is rewritten and a better error handling added.
- Parts Slots (Build Tab) are displayed correct when the screen is maximized.
- All Optimizers have maximized button and you can resize their form.

TQVM~~~

bd guy
Familiar
Familiar

Post by bd guy » 10 Aug 2014, 02:15

it works perfectly!

superb!

Adiavroxos
Recognised
Recognised

Post by Adiavroxos » 11 Aug 2014, 19:35

BS Shipyard V20140811 (DB V20140811) (Beta Version)

Program Changes

- Member results tables (Outfits Optimizer) work now like the total result table. You can navigate / ban / reset outfits when you click their rows.
- A bug with engine selection (Part select Form) is fixed.
- > and < buttons from part select form are removed to make the part selection more simpler.

- Parts database table has now Armor / Weight column.

Database

- Blitz Plating hull armor updated

BS Ship Configuration Tool DB Update V20140811

Database

Offline Simulator DB Update V20140811

Database

IMPORTANT NOTE: ALL NEW FILES WILL BE RAR FORMAT FOR SMALLER SIZE

Adiavroxos
Recognised
Recognised

Post by Adiavroxos » 26 Aug 2014, 19:56

BS Shipyard V20140825 (DB V20140826) (Beta Version)

Program Changes

- Ban and reset radio boxes (all optimizers) don't display anymore warning message.
- Bug is fixed. Now when click parts slots to remove parts (Build Form Tab) program updates correct the parts stats.
- Bug is fixed. Reset Parts and Reset Build Buttons now work correct and update correct the parts stats.

Database

- Lightning Field Equip Limit changed from 2 to 4
- Small changes

BS Ship Configuration Tool DB Update V20140826

Database

- Small changes

Offline Simulator DB Update V20140826

Database

- Small changes

Gary Paul
Well known
Well known
Location: Hotrodding around Cambodia with all the Ultimate Levellers.

Post by Gary Paul » 27 Aug 2014, 11:11

Good job.

Gary Paul
Well known
Well known

Post by Gary Paul » 27 Aug 2014, 11:26

You might possibly be able to further reduce the overall size of the package by compressing the images more aggressively.

Your Images folder weighs in at over 47mb, uncompressed.
Last edited by Gary Paul on 27 Aug 2014, 13:18, edited 1 time in total.

Gary Paul
Well known
Well known

Post by Gary Paul » 27 Aug 2014, 11:41

You might consider using static images of the ships for example, instead of animated gifs.