DEVS! Ocho buyer here. Please fix this shit already. Thanx.

Mostly un-moderated and contains offensive material. This is the place for MAXIMUM TROLLING!! You have been warned. Don't ask for "add me" or help with quests or clicks; you will get banned. Clans can post recruitment posts here.
Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Re: DEVS! Ocho buyer here. Please fix this shit already. Tha

Post by Master of Clan X » 12 Apr 2012, 15:14

Rookles 2 wrote:
> I guess Luis wasn't looking for a "discussion" after all... just
> a place for him to throw a temper tantrum and disappear.

The F-bomb carpet bombing didn't exactly help his "arguments".

Famous Warrior
Low profile
Low profile

Post by Famous Warrior » 12 Apr 2012, 15:52

Rookles 2 wrote:
> I guess Luis wasn't looking for a "discussion" after all... just
> a place for him to throw a temper tantrum and disappear.

*Feeding Trolls ≠ Abandoning Discussion

Famous Warrior
Low profile
Low profile

Post by Famous Warrior » 12 Apr 2012, 16:02

Leonard Lin wrote:
> Rookles 2 wrote:
> > I guess Luis wasn't looking for a "discussion" after all... just
> > a place for him to throw a temper tantrum and disappear.
>
> The F-bomb carpet bombing didn't exactly help his "arguments".

http://youtu.be/ncbnAY9vbKw

Rookles 2
Notable
Notable

Post by Rookles 2 » 12 Apr 2012, 16:57

Famous Warrior wrote:
> *Feeding Trolls ≠ Abandoning Discussion

I gave your WoT a thorough reading and gave you my honest opinions on EVERY point you made.

If you are willing to spend the time putting a thread like this together and then pepper it with shots at Tyler, at least stick around and defend your position or fine tune your suggestions so that it can ultimately benefit the game.

Don't play the role of a girl with a scabbed knee, just because I gave you shit for trying to make a case against EGV. You were the first troll by taking on a hostile tone in the original post, don't be shocked if you get a little bit in return. So either lets talk out the issues and see if we can, as a group, give Tyler some useful feedback or you can just STFU, either way... I'm down.

Famous Warrior
Low profile
Low profile

Post by Famous Warrior » 12 Apr 2012, 17:23

Rookles 2 wrote:
> Famous Warrior wrote:
> > *Feeding Trolls ≠ Abandoning Discussion
>
>
> I gave your WoT a thorough reading and gave you my honest opinions on EVERY point you
> made.
>
> If you are willing to spend the time putting a thread like this together and then
> pepper it with shots at Tyler, at least stick around and defend your position or fine
> tune your suggestions so that it can ultimately benefit the game.
>
> Don't play the role of a girl with a scabbed knee, just because I gave you shit for
> trying to make a case against EGV. You were the first troll by taking on a hostile
> tone in the original post, don't be shocked if you get a little bit in return. So
> either lets talk out the issues and see if we can, as a group, give Tyler some useful
> feedback or you can just STFU, either way... I'm down.

I already responded to your defense of the established system. It seems you think that almost everything is fine and has a purpose and the reason people are not flocking or sticking to BS is because they are stupid or because Magic.

My core point is that most of the decision makers and shot callers of this game do not play it aside from bug hunting or play testing, in other words, they do not play it for the fun, they are not emotionally invested as we are. This is my opinion, sure, but it is also my hypothesis and it is based from reading their behavior.

How can a decision maker in this game play the game and think that inconsistent part names are ok?

How can they think that using 2 redundant clicks to salvage your ship is nothing but annoying?

The only thing that explains it is an emotional disconnect, and thus, everything that is wrong with BS.

As far as your EGV argument goes, i already answered that.

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 12 Apr 2012, 17:35

Famous Warrior wrote:
> The only thing that explains it is an emotional disconnect, and thus, everything that
> is wrong with BS.

Not flaming but do you honestly think disconnected devs would read your post?

Rookles 2
Notable
Notable

Post by Rookles 2 » 12 Apr 2012, 17:39

IMO, the old quest system was not much different from all the other boring "click this button to burn AP" type system. That is why nobody flocked to BS... it seemed like the same old same old. They introduced the new explore system that is a full environment you actually interact with. This is far better. May not be mind blowing or perfect, but people start playin BS to kill time, not find a new addiction.

In a perfect world, once people are getting a bit bored with the explore system, they are at a level to start CW. This is where the game is good and people begin to go from casual to hardcore.

I dont think BS is perfect by any means... but I think CW (and specifically Tier S because that tier drives how the other tiers are battled) is the key to fixing BS. Not adding underwater combat or reducing a click here or there.

My issue with your OP is that you seemed to focus on minutia more than anything else. If your main issue is they dont play the game, state it early and make statements that support it... not just your theories.

At the end of the day, this game IS Clan War. The Devs can't CW like we do. Unless they join a legit clan and play around with it for a while. :open invitation to devs to join Jugz:

And I still think getting rid of EGV is retarded.

Rookles 2
Notable
Notable

Post by Rookles 2 » 12 Apr 2012, 17:41

Famous Warrior wrote:
> As far as your EGV argument goes, i already answered that.

Not very well, you didn't. I'll repost my full explanation why I think EGV is a must. Please tell me if it is incorrect, and if so, how?

"EGV mainly prevents multi abuse. If I have 400mil that I farmed with a multi... with no EGV, I would simply bid 400million on a CSB put up for auction by my main. Nobody in their right mind would spend that much on a CSB... so I just moved all my multi gold to my main via the auction.

It also limits the amount of gold in Sios and prevents too much inflation. Captain A puts up item with an EGV of 4 million up for auction. Captain B bids 45 million for auction item. Captain A gets 4 million gold. Remaining 41 million gold spent goes back to the system and is out of circulation."

Famous Warrior
Low profile
Low profile

Post by Famous Warrior » 12 Apr 2012, 17:47

Leonard Lin wrote:
> Famous Warrior wrote:
> > The only thing that explains it is an emotional disconnect, and thus, everything
> that
> > is wrong with BS.
>
> Not flaming but do you honestly think disconnected devs would read your post?

If they are that disconnected that they wouldn't care to even respond or chew my ass out for attacking them or stir any emotion of any semblance, then their Care Stat is 0% and we are truly fucked.

Abhishek Goyal
Familiar
Familiar

Post by Abhishek Goyal » 12 Apr 2012, 17:47

Real Truth is EGV is needed no doubt about that but yet some items EGV needs to be revised may be ?

Or rather than removing EGV and giving full values how about giving 2X , 3X or even 5 X of current EGV or something ,basis you will have to think !!

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 12 Apr 2012, 17:51

Famous Warrior wrote:
> If they are that disconnected that they wouldn't care to even respond or chew my ass
> out for attacking them or stir any emotion of any semblance, then their Care Stat is
> 0% and we are truly fucked.

I don't think any of these marginally connected devs you're thinking of exist.

Dirty Stallis
Conspicuous
Conspicuous

Post by Dirty Stallis » 12 Apr 2012, 17:57

Famous Warrior wrote:
> How can they think that using 2 redundant clicks to salvage your ship is nothing but
> annoying?

You must still be using 2.5. In 3.0, salvaging is one click no matter what screen you are on. They are upgrading ports one at a time, so I would suggest trying out one of the lower level ports.

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 12 Apr 2012, 18:11

I really didn't want to bother with a reply since I'm not representing Tyler but for the sake of argument (and for those who really want to know) here goes:

Famous Warrior wrote:
> #1 - Weapon Names uniformity in ALL messages. Firestorm Drive is still
> Inferno Thrusters when you buy it at the Ocho Shop. There are others as
> well. How can you miss basic, stupid shit like this is beyond me

The programmer who works on the Ocho shop doesn't check the weapons table. It's not his job. It shouldn't be his job, the Ocho shop shouldn't have a different set of names from the actual items sold. Poor coding, a legacy left behind by Ron that would take man-months to fix.

> #2 - WTF can't people collect Plasma from the Extractor with the Collect
> button? This shit is so basic, it is shocking that it has been missed for
> so long.

Not saying this shouldn't change but if you're serious about being a game developer someday you should think about why this is so and it should be apparent that it's not a case of "this shit is so basic".

> #3 - Aeros is no longer a Peace Port, nerf the AP travel cost already.

Nerf? by how much? Should AP costs be removed? or changed? Not putting enough thought into this.

> #4 - Implement old fucking features we've been waiting for already, for the
> sake of Humanity. Underwater combat. Crew Damage.

You could do a poll, I think most would tell you that skills in the hangar, the war console, trying to balance Tier S are more impt.

> #5 - Change the quests.

Asking for a change without specifying what the problem is.

> #6 - Why the f**k does it take me 2 clicks to change a setup in the Hangar?

Fair enough.

> #7 - f**k! There it is again! That annoying, traffic bouncing Splash Page!

No supportive references.

> #8 - I haven't been to the auctions in almost a year, so let me go there
> and see how things are com... OH FOR f**k'S SAKE! THE EGV CAP IS STILL
> HERE!? FUUUUCK!

No constructive suggestion.

Samuel Chiou
Familiar
Familiar

Post by Samuel Chiou » 12 Apr 2012, 18:14

Nothing made people flock to BS like those lovely cute ships from 2008. They and the game were so inviting...so endearing...so cheerful.

*sniff*

Famous Warrior
Low profile
Low profile

Post by Famous Warrior » 12 Apr 2012, 18:20

Leonard Lin wrote:
> Famous Warrior wrote:
> > If they are that disconnected that they wouldn't care to even respond or chew my
> ass
> > out for attacking them or stir any emotion of any semblance, then their Care
> Stat is
> > 0% and we are truly fucked.
>
> I don't think any of these marginally connected devs you're thinking of exist.

Ok, then how do you explain the Ocho Shop thinking that a Firestorm Drive is still called an Inferno Thrusters?

Also, how do you explain the fact that besides you, the other big bosses don't participate as much in the forums aside from official business (announcements, tech support, etc)?

...and other such discrepancies?