How can a FCM of a newly merged clan be someone that unfortu

Mostly un-moderated and contains offensive material. This is the place for MAXIMUM TROLLING!! You have been warned. Don't ask for "add me" or help with quests or clicks; you will get banned. Clans can post recruitment posts here.
Tuomas Lairila
Familiar
Familiar

Re: How can a FCM of a newly merged clan be someone that unf

Post by Tuomas Lairila » 04 Jun 2012, 13:58

Jeffrey Chieh-yiu Cheng wrote:
>
> Interesting how you guys didn't say 1 or 2.

I thought it was obvious as I asked for his appology?

Xanthus
Unknown
Unknown

Post by Xanthus » 04 Jun 2012, 14:38

Personally, I feel what a clan does, and how they manage their affairs is their business.

John Benecke
Unfamiliar
Unfamiliar

Post by John Benecke » 04 Jun 2012, 14:53

I didn't want to post here but f**k it

How a clan manages it's business is none of your business. But here goes.. just for you.

The Ageis admin talked long and hard about it and a FEW names were thrown around. it's not something that just happened the but decision was made and yes, it would be a good way to honor his name. I personally didn't know him - no disrespect, but yes it was also convenient for some of us as well. It did however mean something to the fred guys as he was there clannie, and that by itself was enough for everyone to agree.

The world isn't black and white, and a lot more went into this merger than your fucking ranting.

If you don't like it..lodge a support ticket with tyler.

Chai
Conspicuous
Conspicuous

Post by Chai » 04 Jun 2012, 14:59

Let me cut this down to shape and remove all the extra flowery language that goes with many people here.

Alex Houghton wrote:
If Zonar was the first name to come up for the position of FCM, then he would write an apology. If Zonar however was chosen to be a neutral FCM, after a few names were called and then rejected, then Fred + Legacy would be using his name purely for their advantage.
What this implies is this: Zonar’s name must have been the first to come up; it implies that Zonar’s name should not have been used merely for convenience.

Tuomas wrote:
We are waiting for your sincere apology, implying that Zonar’s name was the first name to have come up immediately for the position of FCM.
Therefore, you imply that, the conversations about FCM went like this:
‘Oh, we need a FCM. Let’s vote a guy called Zonar for our FCM’

Casey wrote:
‘In the end, the new leadership of Aegis were convinced that honoring a captain who had a long history in the game, and had made significant contributions to one of our predecessor clans was a fitting tribute.’

Their reason for putting Zonar as FCM is to honour him for his significant contributions.

‘The fact that he could be perfectly neutral allowed us all to get past a potentially divisive issue’

Being neutral was a plus too, because we could now proceed w/o worrying about biased FCMs.

Alex’s conditions were that Zonar’s name must have been the first to come up; it should not have been merely used for convenience. Tuomas then stated that Zonar’s name was the first to come up. Casey then later stated (assuming he is in tandem with Tuomas), that Zonar’s name was the first to come up for the position of FCM, and that it was to honour Zonar for his contributions. Casey also stated that it ‘allowed us’ to get past an issue; i.e. Zonar being a neutral FCM was something that allowed them to get past an issue.

This.. eventually implies that the FCM was for a function… he was something that allowed the CMs of Fred and Leg to get past the issue of a biased FCM..
Now tell me, how was this not for convenience? O.o

Edit:
John Bernecke said : The Ageis admin talked long and hard about it and a FEW names were thrown around.

I believe the case is closed. Cms of Fred and Legacy chose FCM as Zonar to get past the issue of a biased FCM. Nothing more to say.

Second Edit:

And yes, if you don't like the merger, send a letter to Tyler :P

Rainbow King
Well known
Well known

Post by Rainbow King » 04 Jun 2012, 15:07

amandamazing
Conspicuous
Conspicuous

Post by amandamazing » 04 Jun 2012, 18:23

Wow. This is absolutely disrespectful. Whether or not your intentions were good, this is disgusting. If you left him as a CM, then your arguments might have some weight (although even then I think that it's weird and awkward to make someone who has passed away an honourary CM let alone an FCM.)

It's like you couldn't find a solution between the two clans on their own but had to have an FCM so you USED him as a solution to your problem. USING someone's account who has passed away for your own motives? Who do you think you are?

I'm wondering why TYLER even allowed this.

I look even less favourable on this merger now... I didn't think that was possible.

and, may Zonar rest in peace.

Alex Houghton
Obscure
Obscure

Post by Alex Houghton » 04 Jun 2012, 21:54

Tuomas Lairila wrote:
> Jeffrey Chieh-yiu Cheng wrote:
> >
> > Interesting how you guys didn't say 1 or 2.
>
> I thought it was obvious as I asked for his appology?

Not going to happen when I know that is not how it worked

Heracles Nikos
Unknown
Unknown

Post by Heracles Nikos » 05 Jun 2012, 01:16

@Alex
I'm not gonna name names but the idea was actually proposed by ex-Fury members as a way to honor Zonar and we all loved and supported it. The only ex-Fury that is turning this into something ugly is YOU.

@Amanda
Please do read other's posts before making your own opinionated ones. Zonar was at no point promoted/demoted; the FCM spot was given to him as a purely symbolic gesture.

Edit: We DID have other options for FCM, but once this was suggested it was quickly and unanimously approved.

Giphin-
Familiar
Familiar

Post by Giphin- » 05 Jun 2012, 01:30

to be frank, i see nothing wrong with making zonar a FCM...

Heracles Nikos
Unknown
Unknown

Post by Heracles Nikos » 05 Jun 2012, 01:31

mmm... if Giphin approves then maybe we did do something wrong... :P

Alex Houghton
Obscure
Obscure

Post by Alex Houghton » 05 Jun 2012, 01:33

Heracles Nikos wrote:
> @Alex
> I'm not gonna name names but the idea was actually proposed by ex-Fury
> members as a way to honor Zonar and we all loved and supported it. The only
> ex-Fury that is turning this into something ugly is YOU.
>
> @Amanda
> Please do read other's posts before making your own opinionated ones. Zonar
> was at no point promoted/demoted; the FCM spot was given to him as a purely
> symbolic gesture.
>
>
> Edit: We DID have other options for FCM, but once this was suggested it was
> quickly and unanimously approved.

I

I am fully aware as to whose idea it was.. not to name names.
This turned ugly when a group of people - Ex-fury, Ex FRED, ex PRED and EX leg, decided that we could use someone as a soultion to a problem to allow the merge to go through... To bend the rules to fit there own purpose.
It became real ugly when the first response to this was " lol, he has only been inactive for 80 day, that is all"... Which to me highlighted the real meaning to the event...

Please do not try and turn this on me, when the actual event should never of happened in the first place.

My problem is also that it was allowed to happen by the devs and it is not all aimed at AEGIS.

How can someone that is not/hasn't/wasn't/never been a CM, be made the FCM? When the clan was formed he was not a CM, he did not form the clan, so how is he the FCM.

I have made my postion clear, like Aegis.. I do feel what I have addressed as being valid and correct. I am no longer going to comment on this thread, as it is now up to people be it the devs or the management of AEGIS to do what is truely right.....
Last edited by Alex Houghton on 05 Jun 2012, 01:36, edited 1 time in total.

Giphin-
Familiar
Familiar

Post by Giphin- » 05 Jun 2012, 01:35

Heracles Nikos wrote:
> mmm... if Giphin approves then maybe we did do something wrong... :P

lol...
but really, if i had a best friend that passed away, i would figure out a way to make him to be still remembered..

amandamazing
Conspicuous
Conspicuous

Post by amandamazing » 05 Jun 2012, 01:41

would it include making him FCM of JUGGz?

didn't think so.

Giphin-
Familiar
Familiar

Post by Giphin- » 05 Jun 2012, 01:44

amandamazing wrote:
> would it include making him FCM of JUGGz?
>
> didn't think so.

FCM is just a symbol, nevertheless...
FCM means nothing... me and the other cms/adms folks have the same voice as rook.

amandamazing
Conspicuous
Conspicuous

Post by amandamazing » 05 Jun 2012, 01:46

lol, it doesn't mean nothing.

even if you think it doesn't give any particular power to the FCM (which it does), it means something to the members and other clans.