Combining Clan War and Skirmish

Mostly un-moderated and contains offensive material. This is the place for MAXIMUM TROLLING!! You have been warned. Don't ask for "add me" or help with quests or clicks; you will get banned. Clans can post recruitment posts here.
Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Combining Clan War and Skirmish

Post by Master of Clan X » 27 Nov 2013, 13:36

Skirmish seems to be an incomplete solution to fort watching.

Basic problem with Clan War: Starts (and ends) when you're not around. When you ARE around, you spend most of the time waiting.

Problem with Skirmish: No sense of immediacy. Opponents are offline so it feels more repetitive (even though CW is just attacking over and over) as you don't feel the parameters changing.

Solution (and I'm not saying this is the ONLY solution):
- Divide the map of Sios into 50 sectors (there are 105 clans in BS, 35 in Sky Ocean).
- Controlling a sector allows up to 50 clan members to mine Ember from that sector. (encourage players to spread out to other clans)
- Each clan can only control up to 2 sectors. (prevent super clan dominance)
- Each sector has a fort but clans can spend gold to increase the fort's HP on a sector they control. Forts only recover HP for free when the sector changes hands.
- If a clan controls a sector they can only attack an adjacent sector.
- If a clan controls no sector they can choose to attack any sector.
- Clans cannot give up control of a sector voluntarily unless they have held that sector for 30 mins.

tl:dr >
- Instead of 1-6 forts you have 50 forts to attack. Infinite forts if clans want to mine ember.
- You can attack a weaker clan instead of a stronger clan if you want.
- Super clans can't eat many food clans at once; they'll need time to move around the map.
- Unlimited tokens.

Even if you don't like this "solution" it's an improvement to the outpost system.

hon
Prominent
Prominent

Re: Combining Clan War and Skirmish

Post by hon » 27 Nov 2013, 13:39

What happen to attacker & defender? Now good build is need for attack/defend but if no need all become glass.

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 27 Nov 2013, 13:39

hon wrote:What happen to attacker & defender?

Same lor.

hon
Prominent
Prominent

Post by hon » 27 Nov 2013, 13:40

so 24 hour can CW?

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 27 Nov 2013, 13:42

hon wrote:so 24 hour can CW?

Yes. Just keep giving up your sector and move on.

hon
Prominent
Prominent

Post by hon » 27 Nov 2013, 13:44

Wah! No need manage rez fort & ally.

(Y)

Ramu Bhai
Low profile
Low profile

Post by Ramu Bhai » 27 Nov 2013, 14:04

You mean to say that we "choose" a sector to attack controlled by some clan and get list of their members to attack similar to skirmish ....... That wold be awesome if you don't place cool down to switch between sectors.

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 27 Nov 2013, 14:21

Ramu Bhai wrote:You mean to say that we "choose" a sector to attack controlled by some clan and get list of their members to attack similar to skirmish ....... That wold be awesome if you don't place cool down to switch between sectors.

I haven't had the time to really think it through but I think the system should display the fort's HP and list of defenders for each sector. Wouldn't be like Skirmish where you can attack all the clan members; more like CW.

I guess as long as you don't control any sector, you could make hit and run attacks on any sector.

Chai
Conspicuous
Conspicuous

Post by Chai » 27 Nov 2013, 14:56

I forsee this becoming a zero sum game..

0 need for tactics (arguably the hardest and most fulfilling)

Just whack all sectors 1 by 1 .. it might even become something like a skirmish.

tldr: i do not believe that this new feature lends equal weightage to cw +skirmish.

It seems to me that it is more geared towards skirmish, where instead the 'sectors' are like the skirmish participants for you to pick, choose, and find your best exp

Quentin Joubert
Conspicuous
Conspicuous

Post by Quentin Joubert » 27 Nov 2013, 19:42

Master of Clan X wrote:Skirmish seems to be an incomplete solution to fort watching.

Basic problem with Clan War: Starts (and ends) when you're not around. When you ARE around, you spend most of the time waiting.

For Clan War, what about:

1.) Release 1 token per hour
2.) Restrict field to 2 clans only (like weekend auto war)
3.) Increase the number of rank7 positions (to enable captains to rez the fort AM and PM sessions for different time zones)
4.) Keep the queue system
5.) Increase fort HP (because no repairs)
6.) Keep judge in-case the floating 2 clans hold up the queue
7.) Keep the current ranking system but do tier recalc every 24 hours
8.) Remove fort repairs (you getting another token in the next hour and also to prevent a dominating clan to sink each incoming clan as it is 1vs1)

*This will enable captains to war, then leave and do real life stuff. So whenever they are ready they can clan war

*This will also spread out captains over the day to war (other than current solution where all the captains are clogged up together in one token and they might or might not spend good AP)

*It will reduce FW and you can spend your AP

hon
Prominent
Prominent

Post by hon » 28 Nov 2013, 01:30

How about have special NPC fort rez every 15 minute if 1 fort floating & have randomly red tag defender take from ppl who have setted defend mode & reflect your dmg 75%. Example if u doing 1m dmg per run to it, then u take back 750k dmg.

aikhaw85
Obscure
Obscure

Post by aikhaw85 » 28 Nov 2013, 01:44

For me, it would be nice to have clan war the same as weekend, 1 token every 5 hours, so everyone would have the chance to spread around, and not waiting for the peak 0500-0600 SIOS hour.

Master of Clan X
Prominent
Prominent

Post by Master of Clan X » 28 Nov 2013, 02:15

Quentin Joubert wrote:For Clan War, what about:

1.) Release 1 token per hour
2.) Restrict field to 2 clans only (like weekend auto war)
3.) Increase the number of rank7 positions (to enable captains to rez the fort AM and PM sessions for different time zones)
4.) Keep the queue system
5.) Increase fort HP (because no repairs)
6.) Keep judge in-case the floating 2 clans hold up the queue
7.) Keep the current ranking system but do tier recalc every 24 hours
8.) Remove fort repairs (you getting another token in the next hour and also to prevent a dominating clan to sink each incoming clan as it is 1vs1)

1) +1 to releasing the tokens at intervals but I would prefer if more were released at the server day reset.
2) Mixed feelings about this.
3) The problem is solo-rezzes. I think the proposed solution of allowing anyone to rez the fort as long as there are 5 online is good.
5 & 8) I think it's working well in Sky Ocean. Will have to find an alternative gold sink though. Right now Tyler's pretty generous with the tokens. If no repairs are allowed the tokens might be sold for gold.

hon
Prominent
Prominent

Post by hon » 28 Nov 2013, 02:42

Token hourly the food clan become even more weak during cw

Andrew Foulstone
Low profile
Low profile

Post by Andrew Foulstone » 28 Nov 2013, 09:02

How about, instead of a drastic change, reduce the number of tiers (pretty sure this has been suggested before.) Maybe increase the HP modifyers for clans with less sinks instead of dropping them to a lower tier. Yes there are pros. and cons. to doing this, but why not at least give it a go and see what happens. Maybe run it for a week and see what the results are. Surely this has to be an easier fix development wise than trying to bring in an entirely new game concept?